Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercise DVD
1  2  Next

ABC

Post Sat, May 15 2010, 3:50 pm
can anyone recommend a good exercise dvd?

Last edited by ABC on Wed, Jul 28 2010, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Sat, May 15 2010, 9:21 pm
You WANT to build muscle.

amother

Post Sat, May 15 2010, 9:34 pm
ABC wrote:
can anyone recommend a good exercise dvd - I want something high energy to burn fat that works on the whole body. don't want to build muscle.
thanks!

I love Turbo Jam by chalene johnson.
She also has Chalene Extreme which is weight training.
She's fun and has alot of energy.

You could buy it at beachbody.com.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, May 15 2010, 11:52 pm
I like TJ too and bought the set, but you can get them used on ebay and other places, too.

ESB

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 1:03 am
I love Leslie Sansone. It gives me loads of energy puts me in a good mood and builds lean muscle.

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 1:04 am
chocolate moose wrote:
You WANT to build muscle.

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 1:06 am
Muscle = increased metabolism.

Unless you have very little fat on your body, you're not going to look "bulky."

slushiemom

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 1:06 am
I find The Firm series to be awesome.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 6:17 pm
I like The Firm very much. I own a few; as well as videos with Karen Voight and Kari Anderson. I have one with Cindy Crawford & Radu that I like too.

I also like Billy Blanks but I don't own any.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, May 20 2010, 2:37 am
Hi! Can all of you that posted ideas for DVD's be more specific about each? What is each one like, and what's it called. I specifically need s/t not to fast or complicated - I have about 3 left feet, and move like an elephant w/ a sprained ankle!

ESB

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 12:39 am
snm with a sprained ankle you probably shouldnt do any exercise. Leslie Sansone walk away the lbs isnt complicated at all. I love her dvds. Got a gorgeous figure from it.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 5:08 pm
sure you can, upper body only.

c.c.cookie

Post Sat, May 22 2010, 4:51 pm
ESB wrote:
snm with a sprained ankle you probably shouldnt do any exercise. Leslie Sansone walk away the lbs isnt complicated at all. I love her dvds. Got a gorgeous figure from it.

Just to be clear - I don't have a sprained ankle! The elephant I move like does. It was supposed to be a creative simile or something. LOL

ESB

Post Sun, May 23 2010, 1:19 am
oops snm didnt get the joke at first embarrassed

stargazer

Post Sun, May 23 2010, 1:36 pm
snm wrote:
Hi! Can all of you that posted ideas for DVD's be more specific about each? What is each one like, and what's it called. I specifically need s/t not to fast or complicated - I have about 3 left feet, and move like an elephant w/ a sprained ankle!

I recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Express 4 Miles. Its fun and easy to follow, and you don't need any equipment. Here's a link - http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-S.....r=8-1

amother

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 4:08 pm
Has anyone ever tried Jillian Michaels twenty min workouts? I am finding them tremendously challenging and was just wondering if they are super hard or am I super out of shape?

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
Has anyone ever tried Jillian Michaels twenty min workouts? I am finding them tremendously challenging and was just wondering if they are super hard or am I super out of shape?

I have a pilates video that I absolutely loved! Most videos give you the opportunity to go at your own speed. This pilates video is great for both beginners and advanced users. I can't remember the name, if it comes to me, I'll be sure to post it.

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 5:05 pm
yoshi wrote:
amother wrote:

I have a pilates video that I absolutely loved! Most videos give you the opportunity to go at your own speed. This pilates video is great for both beginners and advanced users. I can't remember the name, if it comes to me, I'll be sure to post it.

The DVD is called, "Crunch - Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend."

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:07 am
amother wrote:

What is it called?

MiamiMommy

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 10:25 am
amother wrote:

I have the 30 Day Crunch. It IS hard. . .but I feel great after doing it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise