Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Accidents at gan

Ima2

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 7:12 am
my 3 year old dd has been potty trained since February. all of a sudden the past 2 weeks she has been having accidents almoat every day at the end of gan when they are playing outside right before dismissal. she goes to school only until 1:30 and the morahs say that everyone goes to the bathroom before they go outside (I made sure that they see that she actually goes to the bathroom). what's happening here? how do I stop this?!

Ima2

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 3:57 pm
really? no ideas? she now came home today with poop in her underwear as well as pish. It's getting worse! ANY advice please???!!

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 3:59 pm
can you pick her up early?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:04 pm
Ima2 wrote:
really? no ideas? she now came home today with poop in her underwear as well as pish. It's getting worse! ANY advice please???!!
have you been asking the ganenot to ask your child if she has to go to the bathroom every few minutes? does your daughter talk in gan? will she tell them if she has to go to the bathroom?

in the gan where I work, there is a girl who is just like this. also, a few days in a row she has peed and poohed in her pants. it got to be so bad and frequent that we told the mother that we had to put her in a diaper. but this girl does not talk, so if we dont ask her literally every 5 minutes or so if she has to go to the bathroom, she goes in her pants.

make sure that your daughter talks in gan and make sure the ganenot are asking her.

DovDov

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:32 pm
Is she having accidents at home on the weekends?

Is there any chance someone is hurting her? Children oftne start having accidents in response to trauma or abuse.

zipporah

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:42 pm
DovDov wrote:
Is she having accidents at home on the weekends?

Is there any chance someone is hurting her? Children oftne start having accidents in response to trauma or abuse.

It's probably that she's having a good time and doesn't want to miss anything.

Do you have her go at gan before you leave in the morning? That may help for the pishy at least.

I'm assuming you've already thought about any changes at home like moving or a new baby.

Ima2

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 4:00 am
thanks everyone. no new changes at home. she is in a Hebrew gan and doesn't speak Hebrew. but she knows how to say bathroom. and her ganent speaks English fluently and I told her that. I spoke with her ganenot and they remind her to go to the bathroom. she has the accidents while playing in the playground so the ganenot remind her while she's playing. but she still is having accidents! Why didn't she have a problem with this from Sept. until now and now she has a problem? it doesn't make sense to me. nothing has changed at home and she actually does go to the bathroom at school.

zipporah

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 4:34 am
Ima2 wrote:
thanks everyone. no new changes at home. she is in a Hebrew gan and doesn't speak Hebrew. but she knows how to say bathroom. and her ganent speaks English fluently and I told her that. I spoke with her ganenot and they remind her to go to the bathroom. she has the accidents while playing in the playground so the ganenot remind her while she's playing. but she still is having accidents! Why didn't she have a problem with this from Sept. until now and now she has a problem? it doesn't make sense to me. nothing has changed at home and she actually does go to the bathroom at school.

I think she's probably getting comfortable in Hebrew to the point where gan is fun enough that's she's engaged. Just having the ganenot remind her isn't enough. I know I can remind my 2 year old and my 4 year old of something, but if they're playing hard they tune me out. I have to actually go over and take them to lunch, or to get dressed, or whatever...

I don't know if the teacher would be willing to do that, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics