Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challah undercooked - any help?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 11:03 am
I made a bunch of challah last week and froze it. Well on shabbos, we realized it was delicious, but a tad undercooked. Even heating it up didn't help, as it was hot and even crunchy, but the inside was still a tad undercooked. Everyone ate it and said it was delicious, but I was a bit put off. Can you help me save what is left in my freezer? Can I just bake it longer? Or, will it happen like before, the outside gets cooked, but the inside doesn't.

Zus

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 11:13 am
Yeps bake it a bit longer in the oven.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 11:15 am
It probably means you are putting the oven on too high a temperature, so the outside gets done before the inside. The ones you have you could put back in the oven covered with foil, so that they don't burn. (I don't take responsibility Smile just a suggestion.)

I don't know if you meant putting the challas on the platta before Shabbos began, or in the morning - but if they weren't properly baked through I think it might be a problem to heat them up (on Shabbos).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads