Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which stroller shld I get?
1  2  Next

runninglate

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 5:47 pm
until now, ive been using the bugaboo chameleon, which is great. But I need a srtoller which folds for travelling, etc. My priorities are that it should fold easily and wheel well. Any reccomendations? Thanks.

2busy

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 11:23 pm
Bugaboo BEE
I have the camelon and the bee plus - love it

runninglate

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 11:29 pm
thats what my dh wanted to get. I feel weird getting another bugaboo. If I want to use it for folding it and taking it on the bus for example, is it practical?

2busy

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 11:36 pm
its practical - I dont ride busses but it is a 2 hand fold so you need to not be holding dc when folding

Yippie

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 12:32 am
City mini folds with one hand and pushes good

yummydd

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 12:35 am
Why dont you just get an umbrella stroller for travelling?

runninglate

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 12:37 am
what does umbrella stroller mean?

JollyMommy

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 1:18 am
agree- for that situation the city mini is best

WeAreOne

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 2:34 am
I have a Bugaboo Bee+ and I fold it with one hand. I have done it with a newborn in my arms. I press on the little black button and push the white part up, then push up the other white part on the other side, then fold the stroller, all with one hand. The only thing that bothers me with the stroller is that it doesn't stand when it's folded. You have to put it on the floor and it sometimes gets dirty. Sad

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:02 am
CITY MINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the Perfect stroller if that's your main priority. it's also very light, you can push it one handed & not so expensive.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 8:28 am
All hail the CITY MINI!!! Best stroller out there!!! folds so quickly and easily...highly highly recommended, also pushes like a breeze

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 10:01 am
I have a mia moda facile stroller for traveling. Folds like an umbrella, I can push it with two fingers, extremely lightweight, nice size basket, seat lies down almost flat. Any other requirements? It falls short of being a bugaboo, but exceeds expectations otherwise.

Oh, and the price? $60.

ABC

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 1:55 pm
how easily does the city mini fit into the trunk of a car? is it bulky when folded?

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 2:24 pm
ABC wrote:
how easily does the city mini fit into the trunk of a car? is it bulky when folded?

pretty easily. I also stash it in front of a seat in our MPV.

OP, when I wanted a good umbrella stroller I was told either maclaren, which I hate - they don't push easily, or the city mini. I got the city mini and I am thrilled with it. one hand fold, fairly inexpensive, great canopy,

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 3:50 pm
The city mini is not an umbrella stroller. It's a full size stroller, and the fold is more 'suitcase' than 'umbrella'. It's a very good stroller with an easy fold, but still won't be as lightweight as an umbrella stroller.

runninglate

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 3:56 pm
has anyone heard of/had cybex?

bnm

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 5:52 pm
RR6178 wrote:

there are a few versions, I pushed it around, was a lot smoother than the Maclaren.

runninglate

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:09 pm
bnm wrote:
RR6178 wrote:

there are a few versions, I pushed it around, was a lot smoother than the Maclaren.
I saw a picture and it looked much stronger and has better wheels,but its also heavier, and dont know if I can take it on the city bus, which is basically what I cant do with the chameleon. Anyone?

bnm

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:12 pm
RR6178 wrote:
bnm wrote:
RR6178 wrote:

I saw a picture and it looked much stronger and has better wheels,but its also heavier, and dont know if I can take it on the city bus, which is basically what I cant do with the chameleon. Anyone?

there are 4 versions, all basically the same thing, just each one has more features. it looks like a light stroller and easy to fold.

runninglate

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:18 pm
I think it said its nineteen pounds and the maclaren was eleven. Sounds like a pretty big difference. I wonder if the diff in how it wheels makes the extra weight worth it. Also dh wants a handle that can be pushed with one hand.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics