Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which stroller (possibility for jogging)
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 9:28 pm
Between the Bugaboo Frog, Citi Mini and Uppababy Vista - which stroller is the best for light jogging? (If jogging becomes serious, I'll buy a good jogging stroller, but I can't make such an investment right now.) Thanks!

amother

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 9:39 pm
I have the uppababy and while I am not an avid jogger I am a big walker and the stiller holds up real nicely. I have taken my stroller all over and have never had any problems.

amother

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 10:33 pm
definitely citi mini. all my friends have the stroller and I tried it myself and its extremely easy to push and its very light. also not so expencive as the other two you mentioned. To tell you the truth I might be the only one here I don't know what so good about bogaboo. it looks nice but doesnt' look comfortable at all for the children.

amother

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
definitely citi mini. all my friends have the stroller and I tried it myself and its extremely easy to push and its very light. also not so expencive as the other two you mentioned. To tell you the truth I might be the only one here I don't know what so good about bogaboo. it looks nice but doesnt' look comfortable at all for the children.

youre not the only one....when I was in the market for a stroller a few monthsago, I tried a few bogaboos and I did NOT like the way they pushed. and my baby was definitely not confortablein it....

amother

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 10:59 pm
but which one for jogging?!

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 11:02 pm
Bob, jeep, baby jogger, phil &ted, mountain buggy

amother

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:

citi mini

happy mom1

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

citi mini

I personally wouldn't recommend the city mini for jogging, for while it may be lightweight, easy to fold and push, etc., it does not have air tires and will therefore not have as smooth a ride as one that does.

I would recommend the mountain buggy or the mountain buggy swift(smaller version).

spring13

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 11:54 am
Um, I'd look into an all-terrain type stroller then, not a luxury or a lightweight. Get a 3-wheel design with a swivel wheel that can be locked. Then you'll have something nice, and won't need a real jogger if you get more serious - and if you do decide you want a fixed-wheel jogger, check consignment stores and Craigslist for an inexpensive used one!

Some good all-terrain strollers (which push well and are a smooth, comfy ride) include Phil and Teds Explorer, Bumbleride Indie, BOB Revolution, Valco TriMode, and Mountain Buggy Swift. Less expensive but still nice options are BabyTrend Expedition and Schwinn Free Wheeler.

These shouldn't be any heavier or bulkier than a Bugaboo, and they'll definitely be cheaper.

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 11:58 am
I have the mountain buggy swift and love it for everything including jogging uphill with a chubby toddler.

amother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 11:59 am
OP Here. I don't think anyone understands the question. I'd like to start jogging but am not ready to invest in a jogging stroller. I have the possibility of using one of these three strollers to try out jogging (bugaboo frog, uppababy vista and citi mini). I own one and friends in the building will let me borrow theirs.

Of these three strollers, which one should I take to try out jogging??? THANKS.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
OP Here. I don't think anyone understands the question. I'd like to start jogging but am not ready to invest in a jogging stroller. I have the possibility of using one of these three strollers to try out jogging (bugaboo frog, uppababy vista and citi mini). I own one and friends in the building will let me borrow theirs.

None of those are jogging strollers though. And if you get a jogging stroller, you do know you can use it other times as well. They're great for snowy weather...

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:09 pm
My guess-the uppababy

amother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:10 pm
StrawberrySmoothie wrote:
amother wrote:

None of those are jogging strollers though. And if you get a jogging stroller, you do know you can use it other times as well. They're great for snowy weather...

Listen, we can't really afford a jogging stroller now. DH and I agreed that if I start jogging and keep up a good routine for about a month, then we'll put together the money, but if it doesn't work out, then we wont have invested in the stroller. I want to try jogging and am looking for recommendations of which stroller to do it with.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:19 pm
amother wrote:
StrawberrySmoothie wrote:
amother wrote:

Listen, we can't really afford a jogging stroller now. DH and I agreed that if I start jogging and keep up a good routine for about a month, then we'll put together the money, but if it doesn't work out, then we wont have invested in the stroller. I want to try jogging and am looking for recommendations of which stroller to do it with.

The most expensive Bob (best jogger out there) is $449.
The Bugaboo Frog is $759
Uppababy Vista is $679
Citymini is $239

hop613

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:32 pm
I think OP is saying that she knows none of those are great for jogging, but those are the only options she has right now to try jogging with.

I think it's hard to answer, because whether or not you decide to continue jogging could really depend on if you are using the right stroller, and I don't think any of those will give you a great idea of what its like to use a jogging stroller. I would really try to find a jogging stroller to try out for a few weeks, but I realize that may not be possible.

If I had to pick I would pick the UppaBaby, but I think its gonna be somewhat harder to push than a Mountain buggy, BOBm bumbleride, etc...

Shap_E

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:33 pm
I think she is saying she would not have to purchase any of the above as she has access to all three and wants to know which is the best for jogging of those 3 strollers. If she likes jogging, she will purchase a jogging stroller.
OP, I would say the frog would be best as its the only one with air tires.

racz

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:36 pm
What about the city classic or city elite. I have a city classic and use it for jogging, the wheels are jogging wheels and the cost is more then the city mini but not drastic

YTYoungMother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:36 pm
I don't get it. If you have those 3 available, why don't you try each one around the block and decide for yourself?
Personally, from what I know about those 3 strollers, they're not really made for jogging - no air tires, like someone else said. If you hit a bump, you could damage the stroller/kid/yoursellf.
If you decide in month to buy a jogging stroller, get one with air tires. I have a City Elite and love it. Great for jogging, and even just walking and enjoying a smooth ride. It goes over bumps like nothing.

Shap_E

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:39 pm
I do agree that you will probably not get a real feel for what jogging with a jogger will be like with any of these strollers. I would say try jogging alone and if you like it, buy a jogger to jog with your baby. If you do end up buying a jogger, I'd definitely go BOB.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics