Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Keeping tzitis good

e1234

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:23 am
how do you keep your sons tzitit good both as far as washing and child playing in it

I need to wash them daily so by hand like dh or to rubber band them up is just a lot of extra work

(for dh I can do it but for boys it's harder)

I'm interested in suggestions. never got anywhere with ds #1 and we keep replacing.
ds#2 just turned 3 so now I have the problem multiplied by 2

reed

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:55 pm
When I wash my boys' tzitzis, I gather the strings from all four corners, neatly fold them over, and secure them with a rubber band. Then I wash them in a mesh bag. When they have been washed, I undo the rubber band, straighten out the strings, and hang them to dry.

Two of my boys like the undershirt-type tzitzis. They come with a little pocket at each corner so you can put the strings inside for washing, but I find that they come out neater when I wash as described above. I found that they got more knotty in the pockets than in the rubber bands.

e1234

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 1:09 pm
do they clean good in the mesh bag?

both boys get very dirty

ray family

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 1:43 pm
I fold them in half lengthwise. then I roll up from the string side. place in a garment bag and tie a knot directly on top.
hang to dry.
no knotted strings and they always come out clean

reed

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 1:46 pm
e1234 wrote:
do they clean good in the mesh bag?

both boys get very dirty

Don't stuff the bag. I'll sometimes rubber band the strings for two pairs together, but I always make sure the bags are roomy. They come out very clean.

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 1:51 pm
I wash them in mesh bags, at least they only knot with each others and not with all the other clothing.

I know that Eichler's sells "tzitzis savers", sort of a sock that you pull over the tzitzis to protect it. It may be worth a try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry