Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help with cleaning lady

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:53 pm
I have a cleaning lady who speaks english drives her own car and is reliable and I feel comfortable leaving her alone when I am at work. The only problem is I just realized that she does not use cleaning products to clean my house. I have been preoccupied when I hired her and it took me a few weeks to realize it but instead of coming into a fresh smelling house it smells like a dirty mop. It looks clean but doesnt smell clean. I have spoken to her about it and for a couple of weeks used cleaning products but then she goes back to not using any. Do I get rid of her but it is very hard to find someone that is honest and only will come for 3 hours once a week or do I keep reminding her to use them. I have also given her products in unmarked spray bottles with the excuse that they are earth friendly and better to use but it doesnt help.
I miss a clean fresh smelling home after she leaves.
The other days I clean so at least I know that the bathrooms and the floors and kitchen is getting scrubbed with cleaning products when I do it.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:55 pm
I'm confused.

did she ask for earth-friendly products? and you faked earth-friendly products?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 6:05 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I'm confused.

did she ask for earth-friendly products? and you faked earth-friendly products?

No she didnt ask for them. She doesnt care what she uses bec. she doesnt use anything, so I thought if I said that these are new products I am trying out she would get the hint to use them bec. by me telling her out right to use them is not working.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 6:19 pm
Did you ask her what products she used? Or just tell her you miss the smell your house used to have and can she please use what you give her. If she can't give you a satisfactory answer, what makes you think you gave a clean house?

granolamom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:09 pm
I had a cleaning lady like this once. she claimed she was using what I asked her to use but I cant imagine that she was because the house, while it looked clean, smelled distinctly unclean. not at first, but after a few weeks it was really gross. at that point the grime started to build up too.
I tried talking to her, showing her what I wanted her to use where, etc. it didnt help. I kept her far too long because she spoke english, drove herself here, was reliable and nice to be around. when I finally did replace her I got my clean house back.
so I say, talk to her once more. tell her exactly what she needs to use to clean. and if she still doesnt, find someone else.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 10:26 pm
So she's using water? A dry rag? what exactly?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry