Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
STINK BUGS!!!! Anyone else? Solutions please.......
1  2  Next

Smileys:)

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 7:15 am
Anyone else having stink bugs all around your house? This is the latest..... Think they are coming from wood-so possibly from the succah...... They are getting me nuts!!!

Anyone got rid of the yet?

I can't post a pictue of it-but anyone can google it.......

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 7:21 am
they hit the news here ... the trick is NOT to squish them - but rather to evict them ... otherwise they stink like a skunk ...

my good news is that I never kill a bug anyways ... so out the door they go

the other good news is that I have not yet come across a stink bug ... a skunk yeah

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 7:33 am
If you read the article on asktheexterminator.com, there's some kind of chemical you can paint the outside of your house with.

Otherwise, not much to do.

Thankfully, they don't breed indoors!

They come in through cracks, so if you notice a crack around a window, sealing it with duct tape could work wonders.

They also have really lousy reflexes and are easy to kill, unlike some other jumping bugs I'm noticing with quick reflexes that need Nascar drivers who are also Navy Seals to actually murder one of those...

I HATE bugs in my house!!!!

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 7:40 am
you are NOT supposed to kill them ... that's what makes their stink penetrate the air

Smileys:)

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 10:03 am
Anyone has own experience? not google tips.......... the kids usually pick them up with 2 cups & dump them out of the house. anyone knows how to get RID of them? once & for always!

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 10:07 am
my tips were not google tips ... I heard it on the news ... but oh my you're getting testy ... perhaps call an exterminator & see what their professional advice is

amother

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 10:14 am
We had his problem for years. They are attracted to certain houses. Our next door neighbors dont have them, but they keep showing up by us. Banging head

chatouli

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:22 am
Call the exterminator. That got rid of our issue.

clowny

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 12:03 pm
Smileys:) wrote:
Anyone else having stink bugs all around your house? This is the latest..... Think they are coming from wood-so possibly from the succah...... They are getting me nuts!!!

Anyone got rid of the yet?

I can't post a pictue of it-but anyone can google it.......

Yessss. I have them, hate 'em, I'm going off my mind with it. It's the season, one day I walked into my room and found over 20 stink bugs...(yeah u heard me right) on my wall. I don't have any solution there's nothing much U can do but wait for the season to pass. I do the same- take cups and toss 'em out the window.

alte mamme

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 4:57 pm
Normally we try not to kill bugs, but we make the exception for stink bugs. We flush them. Don't want them coming back and apparently they aren't good for the environment either as they eat crops from the inside out. Something like that.

I figure, the fewer stink bugs in the world, the better.

We had them pretty bad the first year they appeared. Since then, just see them every now and then. I think they breed in the walls of your house. Yuck.
The good thing is, they are really easy to catch. And even my sensitive child, who doesn't like for me to kill any bugs at all, doesn't mind flushing a stink bug.

btw, when they were a real problem, we would take them outside on Shabbos by putting a piece of paper in front of them, let them crawl on it and then take the paper out with the bug on it. We never had more than 5 or 6 at a time though.

alte mamme

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 5:02 pm
greenfire wrote:
you are NOT supposed to kill them ... that's what makes their stink penetrate the air

squashing them is what causes the stink. although we have done it a few times by mistake and really didn't notice much of a smell. Maybe if they're already dead when you step on them, then they don't stink?

One year we were finding dead stink bugs everywhere. still don't know what that was about.

solo

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 5:06 pm
Freaky. I've never heard of these bugs. Where do y'all live?

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 3:26 pm
I. Am. Going. Off. My. Mind.
This morning as I wanted to take my baby out of his crib there was a stink big right near his head.

Last week as my daughter was putting her foot into her boots she felt a stink bug in there.

As I wanted to brush my daughters hair I noticed a stink bug on the brush.

Just now as I was sitting on the couch and nursing my baby, my 4 year old starts laughing and tells me there's something crawling on my turban and sure enough it's a stink bug.

And more....
I feel as if they moved in with me. I thought the season was over and it's only getting worse. They're all over, I don't know where I will meet one next. I'm uncomfortable. I literally feel bugs crawling on me.
Somebody please help me before I become insane....

myself

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 3:29 pm
This sounds dreadful! How about an exterminator?

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 3:34 pm
I was told about them the first time this year. I then found a couple which I killed. I never noticed a stink.

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 3:52 pm
Never noticed a stink either cuz I don't bother even killing them. I get rid of it by throwing it out the window, were experts by now.

I just hate to have them around.

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 3:53 pm
myself wrote:
This sounds dreadful! How about an exterminator?

I was told that that's not really an option since there isn't much to do. But I will definitely call tomorrow.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 4:41 pm
I saw one in the attic, toward the back of my house. My husband heard me screaming all the way from the street. I AM TERRIFIED OF THEM!!!

mommy27

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 6:02 pm
As far as the stink from squishing them goes, my exterminator says that the stink depends on their diet, and eating what they do in cities, they're not likely to smell.

Miri1

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 7:12 pm
Guess what I found perched on my shaitel head this morning?

Just thankful it didn't end up in my sheitel, and on my head!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry