Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Would u get an 8 and a half mnth old a snowsuit or coat?
1  2  Next

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:24 pm
What should I buy her for this winter?

She is cruising, and she stands for about 10 seconds at a time without holding on, so I think she's probably close to walking, tho I can't know for sure.

Can a walking baby wear a snow suit? Does it matter? I just totally forgot what I did with my boys (they are 7 and 5 KA"H)....

bookie

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:27 pm
I would get a snowsuit.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:28 pm
Is she really going to be walking anywhere this winter or will she be tucked into a stroller with a blanket?

imasinger

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:31 pm
I vote for snowsuit. 1) She may be walking before spring. 2) If you take her out of the car or stroller to go into a store, and her legs only have one layer, she may be cold.

But then, I live in Boston. How cold are your winters?

boro parker

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:36 pm
If you have a blanket or bunting a coat is a better option.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:39 pm
I think she mostly will be going into and out of a car or being held outside while I'm waiting for the bus or something like that. Not really walking outside or being pushed in a stroller either. Though I don't know, maybe she would wanna walk outside? I'm pretty clueless for a not-first-time-mom.

NY winters can be pretty brutal, but it depends on the year. Last winter wasn't too bad if I remember correctly...

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:42 pm
boro parker wrote:
If you have a blanket or bunting a coat is a better option.

I was literally a minute away from deciding to purchase a snow suit from the GAP, based on the majority of responses to this thread, when I saw your post. Why would a coat be better?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:58 pm
I used a snowsuit for my kids at that age. They rarely walked in the cold. They were either in the car, or in the stroller.
You can always try to find one of those 2 piece coats with the optional pants.

rising hero

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:59 pm
A snowsuit is more of a hassle to get on. Especially with shoes, eventually.

justmarried

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 5:24 pm
My kids hated being all bundled in a snowsuit. I would say to go with a jacket. I like to buy the down jackets so they are very warm (gap has one that's not very expensive). You can also buy a jacket with matching snow pants just for the really freezing days
http://m.gap.com/product.html?.....c8787

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 5:29 pm
For in and out of the car/in and out of the house for quick school bus pickups, go with the coat.
You will need a bunting or snow pants for long stroller walks/really cold days.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 5:46 pm
Coat!!!

octopus

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 5:47 pm
snowsuit with removable feet.

Barbara

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 5:52 pm
Punt. Coat with snow pants or bib overalls. Eg http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....y.jsp

morah

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 5:53 pm
Even if she does start walking before the spring, she won't be walking much outside. I doubt you'll want to spend 20 minutes walking 2 blocks in the cold.

MMCH

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 8:22 pm
I have a 9 month old and posted the exact same question!!!!

im getting her a coat, bc I found a snow suit somehwere in my house and she was screaming and flying off the couch while I put it in on
so no way am I dealing with that every moring.

im buying a coat, and shell be in a bundle me.

I

wwmom

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 8:31 pm
I would get a coat.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 8:39 pm
If you do a lot of in and out of the car, coat is easier to get on and off since they can't wear a snowsuit in the car. I had a great fleece one-piece that was perfect for keeping them from freezing while taking on/off the coat but is thin enough to be safe in a carseat. You can also get a carseat/stroller cover that will help keep her warm - like a bundleme.

If you do more walking, I think a snowsuit is warmer and you can get one with removable feet in case she decides to take off and walk.

curiousgeorge1

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 8:57 pm
Don't get a snow suit. It will be such a pain to put on (especially with shoes) and ur dc will not be comfortable. Plus as someone said the snowsuit or coat will have to be taken off for car rides which is much more difficult with a snowsuit. If u are very concerned about the cold then buy for freezing days either snow overalls or thermal pants to be worn under dc's pants or a pair of sweatpants 1 size up to be worn over pants

incognito

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:00 pm
When my first was that age I agreed with you all and got a jacket. It ended up that he was freezing (we mostly did in and out of car) and I ended up buying a snow suit. But, make sure it's really soft and flexible otherwise you'll have a very hard time getting them in and out of it. On a side note, your 8 month old is almost walking? Cool, my ten month old doesn't even crawl yet properly, just swims.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics