Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Cleaning lady holiday bonus
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 11:52 am
how much do u tip ur cleaning lady holiday season? how much if my cl comes twice a week for 3 hours at a time?

Maya

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 11:54 am
I give one week's wages.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 11:58 am
If she works for herself (not an agency ), I pay what I pay her for a week's cleaning. If you pay her 15/hr and she works 6 hours/ week for you, in other words, I'd give her 80-100$. My cleaning person works 5 hrs/week for me but I pay more than 15/hr because she works for a service and sometimes has a helper (different ones). I'm giving her 60, but I tip her every week too. I know this is a lot, but I have some unusual circumstances and needs.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 11:59 am
If she works for herself (not an agency ), I pay what I pay her for a week's cleaning. If you pay her 15/hr and she works 6 hours/ week for you, in other words, I'd give her 80-100$. My cleaning person works 5 hrs/week for me but I pay more than 15/hr because she works for a service and sometimes has a helper (different ones). I'm giving her 60, but I tip her every week too. I know this is a lot, but I have some unusual circumstances and needs.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 4:15 pm
anyone do different or that's standard?

Happy18

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 4:30 pm
My mother gives her cleaning lady double a weeks pay and a gift.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 4:54 pm
I do a week's pay as well.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 8:56 pm
I give 1/2 a week's wages. I didn't know there was a standard. But I cannot afford more anyway. I give her lunch each day and send her home with extra food/clothes when I can.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 9:10 pm
I just give forty or fifty dollars, nothing to do with her wages for the week. A weeks pay sounds like a lot to me.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 9:50 pm
I pay mine 350 a week. I gave her a 200 bonus and thought it was a ton. Maybe she was expecting 350 - she didn't thank me.

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 11:21 pm
I was planning to give her like 30 bucks.... OK so maybe I'll wrap a bottle of perfume too, but how do I know if she will like that scent?

I am not exactly rolling in dollar bills unfortunately (despite being born on a tuesday) ;-)

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 11:29 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
I just give forty or fifty dollars, nothing to do with her wages for the week. A weeks pay sounds like a lot to me.

A week's pay is fifty dollars by me. Smile

Clarissa

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 12:13 am
I do a week's pay.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 12:22 am
My cleaning lady comes one morning a week and gets $70 as a set fee. She's worth every penny too. I gave her $150 today, which is an extra week rounded up slightly.

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 12:31 am
mine comes once a week for 6 hours and I LOVE her!!

She rescues me EVERY pesach and I am not sure how I would survive weekly w/out her.

We gave her $200 cash bonus and I increased how much I pay her (granted I found out how far she travels so that's partially why). Also she's amazing, has knowledge of kashrut from previous work.

Barbara

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 1:28 am
One week's pay. I honestly don't even know how many hours she works for us. She comes one day a week, does what needs to be done, and leaves.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 10:01 am
Wow such high standards! Ppl here like 20 eu??

rosenbal

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 10:09 am
I've looked it up somewhere years ago....I think it's 2 weeks pay. That's what ive been doing at least.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 1:22 pm
Call me mean or selfish but heres the deal. Mine comes 3 hours a week. She gets an extra 4 bucks for transportation plus a huge lunch. I'm always really nice to her. I gave her ten extra dollars this week and told her its a holiday tip. She told me thank you three times. I don't feel like tipping more.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 1:25 pm
amother wrote:
I pay mine 350 a week. I gave her a 200 bonus and thought it was a ton. Maybe she was expecting 350 - she didn't thank me.

Wow! Is she a live in????? Thats a big weekly wage!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette