Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Seeing musical show a week before shavuot

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 11:46 am
Is it permissable to attend a musical show or listen to live music after lag b'omer, are the laws regarding live music less stringent after the day of lag b'omer. Would it be ok to see a musical show a week before shavuot? My I sister in law is visiting and wants me to book a show for her and the rest of the family. I am nervous of offending anybody's sensibilities regarding live music and the omer.

mummy123

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 2:12 pm
It depends.

Some people keep the omer from pesach till lag bomer whilst others keep it from rosh Chodesh Iyar until Shavous.
However even those who keep until Shavous do not have to keep any of the restrictions the 3 days before Shavous.

Barbara

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
Is it permissable to attend a musical show or listen to live music after lag b'omer, are the laws regarding live music less stringent after the day of lag b'omer. Would it be ok to see a musical show a week before shavuot? My I sister in law is visiting and wants me to book a show for her and the rest of the family. I am nervous of offending anybody's sensibilities regarding live music and the omer.

Different people have different customs. Ask her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics