Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
If You Are Pro Vaccinations...
  Previous  1  2  3   16  17  18  Next

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 6:03 pm
They have something for RSV, but only give it to small at-risk populations.

(My daughter had RSV, it was in the literature.)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 6:03 pm
There is something for RSV, mainly used in preemies.

bubbebia

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 6:35 pm
Thank you for starting this thread. They didn't have most of those vaccines that kids now get when I was a kid. I had the diseases. I am grateful that my children and my grandchildren are able to be free of the hell that they were. It galls me that, because none of you young things have ever seen most of these diseases, you are clueless as to how destructive they were. Thank you, all you mothers out there, who vaccinate your children. Let's see if we can eradicate them in your lifetime as smallpox has been eradicated! That will only happen when we ALL vaccinate our children.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 6:46 pm
I am grateful to the poster who pasted athe link about India

Please post pro vaccine sites news

I have a sister who has eleven children k"H, she is anti vaccines, convinced one of her children were damaged for life through a vaccine, and she is constantly telling me new anti vaccine info - she doesn't have internet access she listens to the Akeres Habayis hotline.

I need to be able to have an intelligent debate with her for once.

If you are pro vaccine can you explain why?

I am pro vaccine because I beleive Hashem created it so we can protect ourselves. I trust the doctors that they understand the inherent risks. Am I narrow minded?

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 6:47 pm
Amen bubbeia!

People from the former ussr only a few years older than me have the scar from the smallpox vaccine. I don't. It was eradicated.

The best way not to have to vaccinate is to eradicate the disease. The only way to do that is to vaccinate. Do it for your children and your children's children.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 6:55 pm
There has been some encouraging research about using extracted tumorous cells to develop individualized cancer vaccines. It would bear fruit too late for my father, a"h, but maybe will help many in the future.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 7:02 pm
Diseases cannot truly be eradicated. If we brought smallpox back into America (it exists in animals and can be transferred to humans) then we would all need to be given the smallpox vaccine which is stockpiled in America.

It doesn't seem that we can ever get away from using vaccines to protect ourselves.

Especially for those vaccines that don't prevent you from getting or transmitting the disease, but help you have a milder version.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
I am grateful to the poster who pasted athe link about India

Please post pro vaccine sites news

I have a sister who has eleven children k"H, she is anti vaccines, convinced one of her children were damaged for life through a vaccine, and she is constantly telling me new anti vaccine info - she doesn't have internet access she listens to the Akeres Habayis hotline.

I need to be able to have an intelligent debate with her for once.

I am pro vaccine because I beleive Hashem created it so we can protect ourselves. I trust the doctors that they understand the inherent risks. Am I narrow minded?

If her only source is the akeres habayis hotline you're already way ahead of her.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 9:18 pm
MaBellevie - I told her that!

She wanted to know why no one Pro Vaccine speaks on the hotline.

I answered her that no professional 'worth his salt' would get on to such a hot line.

I questioned her why the anti vaccine movement can't find a proper platform to spread their 'life saving information'.

I'm so frustrated. She is simply brainwashed.

She tells me this woman keeps having new 'experts' medical professionals etc. speaking on the line to promote her agenda.

I really need good 'counter info' to open her eyes.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 9:31 pm
It's probably hopeless Sad Look, I'm not a Ra Ra go vaccine kind of girl. Vaccines do give me pause. But I've heard that hotline, and anyone who goes along with it is either seriously brainwashed or seriously lacking in intelligence. Its a pretty lost cause if you're dealing with people whose entire belief system comes from there.

Peanut2

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 9:42 pm
We have to switch from our amazing ped to one that is closer to where we will be living.
I looked at a few places and got strong recommendations for one place, which has a form that parents who delay or refuse vaccines must sign. The form states that you acknowledge that you are endangering your child and other children.

I vaccinate. The only thing is that I delay hep B, and I split vaccines. That is, I prefer not giving everything at once. I prioritize with the doctor and come back two weeks later. I really feel it would be false to sign something like that for hep B.

Also, I'm not sure how that form helps if people can simply sign it and then not give their kids a vax, and show up with a kid with whooping cough or measles when other people are bringing in newborns.

chatouli

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 10:25 pm
I reported your post. This is not the right way to make a point.

Also, I think the phrase you want is "close-minded."

MommyZ

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 10:34 pm
Ladies,

Amother is not meant to be used for personal attacks.

MommyZ, mod

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 10:37 pm
I thought that was the amother I was responding to. Lol. I need to Sleep

ShanaMatele

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 12:13 am
Ebola!!
African health workers battle Ebola
http://news.yahoo.com/fear-con......html

Last edited by ShanaMatele on Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 5:03 am
amother wrote:

Because I love my children!! I know that anti-vaxers lover their kids, but I wouldn't let my kids play in traffic because its dangerous and the effects of getting hit by a car could be nothing or it could ruin their lives. Its the same way with so many of these horrible diseases.

I am a big proponent of new vaccines. When DD was 3 months old she got rotovirus. We spent a week in the hospital and I haven't had a baby that sick since then.She was filling about 20 diapers a day and in a matter of 2 1/2 hours went from no fever to a fever of 105.5! The ward was full of extremely sick babies who had rotovirus and some even died. When DS was born they had just come out with a vaccine for it in the states. I tried really hard to get it for him on a trip there but couldn't. We bought it privately for our next DS (by then it had come out in Israel) and by the time DD#4 was born it was given routinely at tipat chalav. I never want to have a child have to go through that again.

I also know that children who have had a vaccine can still get the disease it is meant to prevent. Anti-vaxers use this as a reason not o vaccinate (why should I do it if it will not work) but what a lot of people do not realize is how different the progression is in a child who has had the vaccine and one who hasn't. DS got chicken pox after having the vaccine, he had a total of 5 pox!! DD who was to young at the time to have the vaccine had it and was COVERED with chicken pox. She was in so much pain and had a really rough time with it.

For all these reasons I am pro-vaccine.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 5:45 am
I'm not trying to convince the anti - vaxers, but this for me would be a shoo-in...

My ped told me that recently, he was awoken by one of his patients, that their six week old had 105 degrees fever.

It was meningitis. Now, although vaccines are usually started at 2 months, one of the siblings in the house weren't vaccinated and carried it over to the baby.

Rachmana litzlon, the family's looking into a permanent home for the child, since he/she is brain dead.

chaiz

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 6:18 am
Peanut2 wrote:

I vaccinate. The only thing is that I delay hep B, and I split vaccines. That is, I prefer not giving everything at once. I prioritize with the doctor and come back two weeks later. I really feel it would be false to sign something like that for hep B.

Why do you delay Hep B? Not you specifically, generally? Why do people say no to Hep B?

smss

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 7:14 am
chaiz wrote:
Why do you delay Hep B? Not you specifically, generally? Why do people say no to Hep B?

Hep B is a STD. a newborn cannot catch it if none of his immediate family/caregivers are carriers. and it can cause drowsiness and feeding problems, which are not things you want in a 1 day old.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 7:40 am
smss wrote:
Hep B is a STD. a newborn cannot catch it if none of his immediate family/caregivers are carriers. and it can cause drowsiness and feeding problems, which are not things you want in a 1 day old.

Hep B is not just an STD. Anyone who comes in contact with blood, fecal matter, or other body waste is at risk. If your older child who is a carrier does not wash his hands after using the bathroom, and then touches the baby's paci or teether, then the baby will get Hep B. No zex involved.

Ask any plumber, they'll all tell you that they have to get Hep B shots due to working with untreated sewage. I'm pretty sure they're not having zex with your pipes!
Page 2 of 18   Previous  1  2  3   16  17  18  Next Recent Topics