Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Moving to Arizona

Aimee

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 6:40 pm
Cottonwood, to be precise. (It's near Sedona.) Anyone out there with advice - or the inside scoop on the area? TIA for any info provided, we've never even visited, so it's all going to be new!

roza

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 7:15 pm
Well, Cottonwood is nice small town, Sedona is beautiful too, but there is nothing Orthodox there (not yet) and the closest, frum community with shuls, mikvah, kosher stores, schools etc. is Phoenix- 100 miles away or 2 hours by car. Why davka Cottonwood? I guess you could live there if you are ready to homeschool, drive 2 hours to use the mikvah and/or to get all your kosher food.

Aimee

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:24 am
We're moving there because of new jobs.... it is going to be really tough, from how it sounds. We might end up living closer to Phoenix - I really don't want to be that far away from everything. Thanks for the heads-up.... guess it's time to change plans a little!

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:42 am
thought you were moving back to cleveland ... ive been waiting ... so you could boot camp talk to my dd

Aimee

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:41 am
greenfire wrote:
thought you were moving back to cleveland ... ive been waiting ... so you could boot camp talk to my dd
I'd love to move back to Cleveland.... but the job situation is not so good for me back home Sad We're giving Arizona a year, and then we'll see.

But I'll seriously give your daughter the boot camp talk if you want Very Happy Sure turned me around!

roza

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 6:03 pm
cottonwood is rural, but lovely.
if you don't have school age children, then check out Flagstaff, there is a young shluchim couple with 2 children on campus there who moved in about a year ago. http://www.jewishflagstaff.com/
Now, Flagstaff is about an hour drive (70 miles) from Cottonwood. Grand Canyon is also within an hour drive from Flagstaff.
The area is elevated, the air is clean, snow in winter, cool summers.
But Flagstaff is further north from Phoenix then Cottonwood and almost 3 hours drive
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics