Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Waking up early

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 6:53 am
My ds thats 2 and 3 months wakes up about 6 oclock and cries hysterically, hes still so tired and cranky and no bottle or pacifier calms him down, any suggestions?

allrgymama

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 7:24 am
I had that problem with DD #2 this winter and the only thing that helped was cutting out her nap entirely. Mind you, she also wasn't falling asleep until 2 hours after being put to bed (bigger problem) and was then waking up around 10/11 and staying up for another two hours (even bigger problem).

Also, is it very bright in your child's room at that time of morning? Hanging blackout shades may also help. You can buy a tension rod at Target for less than $5 and a set of two shades for less than $30

rachel91

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 8:02 am
My son about the same age wakes up at 6 am, no matter if he naps or not, no matter what time he went to bed. He's up at 6 waking up my daughter.
I also don't know what to do.

Motherlee

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 8:06 am
You seem to have a problem with the scheduling of naps and bedtimes.

The duration of nap times also have an effect so research a method of sleep training that works for you.

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 8:07 am
Maybe put him to sleep earlier? This way he's not so cranky when he wakes up. Also, he might sleep longer.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 8:09 am
Op here, I tried already...hes in bed a little after 7, it doesnt bother me that hes up its just that he wakes up entire house...and im a mess all day cuz I cant handle life w/o enough sleep.

Motherlee

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 8:13 am
Sleep deprivation is one of the worst things a woman with children can live with. Sorry!!

There are sleep consultants if you want to get professional advice catered to your child's specific needs.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 12:49 pm
I bought these shades. They're not real blackout shades but they do a pretty good job and they're very cheap.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Red.....Zbt0m

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 2:11 pm
It sounds like he's sleeping from 7 - 6. That's pretty reasonable. Maybe you need to adjust your own sleep schedule so you're ready to get up at 6. It's not that early.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 2:14 pm
Is he still napping? Sometimes if you drop the nap they sleep later in the morning. Also good blackout shades are a must.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics