Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd has fever very often

yidishmamma

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 8:47 pm
Dd had fever few days before Rosh hashona. Went to dr was virus. Then last week Shabbos she got fever again wasnt feeling well till Tuesday chol hamoed. This past Friday again fever and she still not feeling well. She also had fever few days in between day camp and school. When she gets fever it usual lasts 2-3 days with vomiting and also usually wetting herself like she loses contol. She's 6.5 yrs. dh and me r getting nervous with this frequent fevers . Anyone have idea what this can b?

lk1234

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 8:53 pm
To me- this sounds unusual. I would have the doctor run a blood test and check up.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 9:48 pm
lk1234 wrote:
To me- this sounds unusual. I would have the doctor run a blood test and check up.
Yes, you need a real work up with actual tests done.
How high is the fever?

yidishmamma

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 9:58 pm
It's about 102-103. I'm already nervous for the results . Last year by diff pediatrician she was diagnosed with mono. She had work up done then. I'm wondering if it cud b related?

Emotional

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 12:34 am
This sounds like it could be a mono relapse but please do bloodwork!

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:25 pm
Op here: so she has uti which is very bad already. So dr giving first shots then meds orally

Emotional

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:27 pm
Wow, and she had no pain in that area?
Refuah shelayma!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:35 pm
Does she usually have a uti with the fever? When I was little, I would get uti's often with fever. I had something wrong with my kidneys. It was minor, but then I needed surgery. I don't know if I would have needed surgery today.

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:45 pm
No she doesn't have pain there but she gets high fever. She had 2 uti last summer but BH none all year till now. She just got 2 painful shots cuz the white blood count was extremely high.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:51 pm
I am not writing this to sound judgmental in any way, but have you taught her how to wipe properly when she makes number 2? I had a few UTIs as a child, and my grandmother took me to her doctor who taught me how to wipe properly all the time (front to back) and never to use the tissue twice, even if it was folded. Refuah Shalaima

Think1st

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:15 pm
Does she consume large amounts of sugar/junk-food ?. Try keeping her of it .Blood work is advisable to rule out infections. her immune system may be overwhelmed

When she is sick,try to AVOID any fever reducing drugs, keep her well hydrated with clear chicken soup hot tea, avoid sugar, fruit juices, flour, dairy products, and fried foods, warm not hot baths several times a day.Make she is not eliminates well & urine color not to dark bloody etc.

refuah shleimah

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:50 pm
Ty all for the replies . Was appreciated
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics