Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Dressed up, I look old....?
1  2  Next

gold21

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 11:43 am
why! why! is it that I look older than my age in a shaitel and makeup. and in a bandanna with no makeup I look so young. ppl tell me I look bout 26 when in shaitel etc...im newly 22. and in bandanna and all natural: I look "so cute" as per ppl who commented, and "gosh so young". so I should never wear makeup or shaitel? I get more compliments without it...so what is the deal? I dont get it. I think my shaitel looks natural...maybe I need to get a half pony shaitel instead of all down....? really im confused....I like looking young!!

songbliss

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 11:48 am
ha! I get told I look 15 if I dont wear makeup!!

maybe ur cut is an older cut of sheitle?

if u look younger w/out makeup go4 it.!! waddya need makeup 4? 2 ruin ur skin?

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 11:51 am
Is your makeup too heavy? I've noticed that a lot of frum women put on waaaay too much makeup, and it detracts from their beauty, rather than enhancing it.

IMO, most young women look older the second they put a sheitel on their head. Especially if it's a blunt cut and bangy.

hadasa

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 11:52 am
Maybe try a subtler, softer type of makeup. Pinkish lipstick, pastel shades..

gold21

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 11:58 am
no I wear very soft makeup...really I do. no heavy colors: no base, no eyeshadow, just some pinky blush, brown eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss....so I dont get it. (ps defy I also strongly dislike the look of heavy makeup, which I have found a lot on frum women..)
I dont know...the shaitel is like a couple inches past my shoulders, a nice length...maybe its not good all in my face? I should get a half pony shaitel? maybe I should get a fall shaitel?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 12:02 pm
Dressing tznius makes you look older, unfortunately.

songbliss

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:37 pm
nah, maybe look around for younger type cuts and more modern... u can go 2 a sheitle macher & ask 2 try on different styles... you'll be surprised what a younger hair cut can do!!!

plain straight will make u look older or younger depending on ur face... curly usualy has a younger looking effect

justanothermother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:43 pm
Can we please change the title of this thread. 26 is B"H very young. I think hyou meant to say older. Very Happy

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:49 pm
yesterday I was on the bus with my baby and there were 2 women that were saying im such a young mother. they said I look 17-18. im 23. and I was wearing my shaitel!!!

gold21

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:49 pm
yes 26 is definitely very young...
my apologies!

justanothermother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:58 pm
Funny, when I was younger I wore makeup to look more mature. Now that I'm past thirty, I wear it to look younger.

gold21

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 2:07 pm
naah dont try to look what youre not...like I just wanna look my age!! thats all. not 26. 26 is great if u are 26. look 30 when youre 30. look 60 when youre 60. look 22 when youre 22. and im 22. Tongue Out

chen

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 9:09 am
Well, duuuuh....don't teenagers put on makeup and get dressed up in sophisticated clothing in an effort to look older? Casual dress is a young look and elegant dress is a more mature look. No one is saying you look old--is anyone asking you if you have any grandchildren? Or are you disappointed they're no longer asking what seminary you're applying to?

greenfire

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 9:14 am
lol OLD - I agree with defy - sheitel = old ... as for me my dd once very sweetly told me that I look so young (mid 40) that I can pass for an 18 year old on drugs ... shock compliment ... not quite sure Question

Ima'la

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 9:53 am
lol green...from kids, take what you can get in the way of compliments!

justanothermother - I didn't even realize until you pointed it out...and then I said - hey, that's right! 26 is not old - *I'm* older than that!

(btw, my wake-up call was when s/o quite a few yrs. younger than me on this site complained that she was starting to feel old around here!)

greenfire

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 11:45 am
Ima'la wrote:
lol green...from kids, take what you can get in the way of compliments!

yes believe me I take what I can get - especially from them 8)

gold21

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 12:01 pm
chen: at 22, it is normal to feel badly if 9 out of every 10 ppl are shocked when u tell them ur age. "whaaat, you are only 22? no way!" yes that is slightly bothersome...ok?
and in bandanna etc, I dont get those comments...
and about casual dress: I am always dressed relatively casually, even when in wig and makeup...long skirt, socks, t-shirt, etc...alright then. no noone has asked if I have grandchildren. most 26 year olds dont have grandkids yet... Confused
thanks for the comments guys!!

shoy18

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 12:07 pm
maybe your wig is drastically different that your original haircut before you were married?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 12:51 pm
shoy18 wrote:
maybe your wig is drastically different that your original haircut before you were married?

whew, I got really shocked when I looked at ure screenname, and then saw the number it says underneath, which I thought was ure birthday, only realizing a minute later its the number of posts u have!!
1939, hmm, how old would that have made u??? hmmm.....

shoy18

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 2:39 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
shoy18 wrote:

whew, I got really shocked when I looked at ure screenname, and then saw the number it says underneath, which I thought was ure birthday, only realizing a minute later its the number of posts u have!!
1939, hmm, how old would that have made u??? hmmm.....

LOL that would make me 68, but Im only 24
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics