Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How do you know when it is time to move
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:49 pm
thats why we are moving. don't want to raise our kids with cynical bitter parents who roll their eyes at community rabbanim.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 4:08 pm
The aunts in the pants is making me lol specially coz I am from london and aunts and ants are said in two different ways

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 5:34 pm
amother wrote:
when I was growing up I kept on feeling my parents had "aunts in their pants" .

That's "ants in their pants", not "aunts". as in feeling "antsy". a restless discomfort as if insects are crawling inside one's underwear. Makes more sense now? You're welcome.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:04 pm
OP, what are you doing to expand your own personal growth?

You could attend shiurim, take a college course, learn a new hobby, or help provide respite care for someone with a special needs child. There are so many ways to make you feel more fulfilled as an individual, depending on your personality type and how much free time you have.

As mothers, we often take care of ourselves last, and that leads to burnout and a sense of being discontent, no matter where we live or how rich we are. You need to do something that feeds your soul!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:05 pm
sounds like Houston would be perfect for you. http://www.movetohouston.org/

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 9:31 pm
checked out the Houston website- cool- is it a big community- are there a lot of high school girls and elementary school boys? What's the weather like? Looks like some yummy restaurants!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
What's the weather like?

very hot and humid. Late October there is like NY in July.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
thats why we are moving. don't want to raise our kids with cynical bitter parents who roll their eyes at community rabbanim.

Excellent reason, I am seeing that going on where I live and admittedly we sometimes do it to- which is really bad.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 10:58 pm
I knew we had to move the first time when I didn't want to Renew my apt lease.
Second time when dh came home from shul one week stating that he doesn't like to davening there because the guys r immature.we took a good look and realized that I who am pretty social had one person I actual had something to do with in the neighborhood....and dh didnt like the crowd one bit.
I actually moved in with family as our new house want ready just snow would have to pay a mortgage on a house we didnt want in a neighborhood we didn't like.
Thu time I checked out the people and got together a lot before I move. Bh we are thoroughly loving our neighborhood now (and our house)

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
I knew we had to move the first time when I didn't want to Renew my apt lease.
Second time when dh came home from shul one week stating that he doesn't like to davening there because the guys r immature.we took a good look and realized that I who am pretty social had one person I actual had something to do with in the neighborhood....and dh didnt like the crowd one bit.
I actually moved in with family as our new house want ready just snow would have to pay a mortgage on a house we didnt want in a neighborhood we didn't like.
Thu time I checked out the people and got together a lot before I move. Bh we are thoroughly loving our neighborhood now (and our house)

So glad it worked out for you. I think the hardest part or most overwhelming part is packing everything up, (literally) .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating