Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Will he lose services? what do I do now?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:11 pm
I happened to have seen in the kitchen an envelope from the DOE for me. it was a letter stating that if I chose to put my child in a non public school setting that I am paying for, I need to sign and return the enclosed form by june 1 in order to continue services. did I totally drop the ball? is there any chance of continuing services? do I call the number for the person in the letter or do I call the representative in the school?
(I live in NYC)

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:24 pm
I don't know the NY system, but in your shoes, I'd send the form back ASAP and call both numbers, unless you get an answer right away from the first one.

Hopefully, they are backed up anyway, and you will be fine.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:30 pm
imasinger wrote:
I don't know the NY system, but in your shoes, I'd send the form back ASAP and call both numbers, unless you get an answer right away from the first one.

Hopefully, they are backed up anyway, and you will be fine.

thanks!!! thats what I was thinking, but I think I just needed to hear it from someone else....

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:38 pm
BTDT, never had a problem. Just a couple of weeks ago, I emailed the summer services director asking why I hadn't heard from her. She said that I hadn't sent back a form I received in April (when I looked, I saw it arrived over Pesach, no wonder it slipped through he cracks).

I took care of it on the spot, and we are all set.

Hope your experience is as easy!

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:48 pm
One of my kids left NY for school 5 years ago, `I never sent in those forms as he wasn't in school here. They called me 2 months ago and asked if I want to continue services. I told them he didn't get anything for years and they said, he was still eligible as he was in the system...This was in Queens
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)