Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Stick it out or quit?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:38 am
I am a teacher, so I'm off in the summer. I was hired by a tutoring company and I figured it would be a nice, easy summer gig to get a little extra cash. Everything I was led to believe is turning out to be all wrong. I was told I can pick my hours and they would be set- the former is partially true and the latter not at all. Like, they won't make me come in at a time that's not good for me, but will offer those hours and then happen not to have the ones that do work for me. The potential hours change every few days. Then there's the issue of pay. They have two different tutoring positions and they pay differently. I was hired for the higher paying one, but lo and behold, the vast majority of the hours I come in, they "need" me for the lower paying one, so I'm making a lot less than I thought I would be when I signed up. Honestly, the money is just not worth the stress it's causing. BH, I do not need this money. But I'd feel guilty just turning down fairly easy money, even if it is a pittance. It's only till the end of August, and I can always just not return to this place next summer. But my stomach is in knots right now because I have to be there in an hour and I just know they're gonna make me do the lesser paying, more stressful one and not the one I'm supposed to be doing...

justcallmeima

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 1:03 pm
I would discuss it with them. If they keep playing "bait & switch", I'd quit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics