Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bar mitzvah hats

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 6:36 pm
not sure where to put this. Our first son is turning Bar Mitzvah. What type of hat do we get him? He will be wearing it every day to school. Do I buy 2, one for weekday and one for shabbos? what is the norm? I'd like to get him one hat now.... and second hat in a couple of months once he learns how to take care of it properly- but don't want him to feel different. plaese advise. tia

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 7:05 pm
Is he putting on Teffilin earlier then his Bar Mitzvah? The boys will put on their hat then. My sons put on teffilin a month before his Bar Mitzvah, they wear the "weekday hat" only until the Bar Mitzvah. For the Bar Mitzvah and then Shabbosim and Yomim Tovim he will wear the Shabbos hat on those days. This is my preference others very likely will do different.

The hat to get him is usually what his friends wear. Typically boys get two hats an inexpensive hat for weekday and the better quality hat for Shabbos.

Last edited by happybeingamom on Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:45 pm
which hats do you buy for weekday and shabbos?

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:53 am
We do exactly what happybeingamom wrote. Sorry I can't tell you what hats we bought, I don't remember.

happy mommy6

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:02 am
do you know the price range?
My son mentioned a bumblebee- what type of hat is that?

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:11 am
Sorry, don't remember the prices. I do remember that one store offered a special if you bought both hats by them, another store included a plastic hatbox. Never heard of the bumblebee. We went to the local stores and tried on a lot of options and then made a decision.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars