Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 75  76  77  Next

Aribenj

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 9:52 pm
You guys sucked me in. I just binge watched a whole season while making latkes... When does episode 7 (season 2) come out??

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 1:32 am
Sat night

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:24 pm
penguin wrote:
interview with "Kiveh" - MIchael Aloni - in Hebrew

Quoting this from the other Shtisel thread since it answers some questions we had upthread.

לאיזה זרם בציבור החרדי-ירושלמי משתייכת המשפחה בסדרה?

"האמת שהיה לנו על זה דיונים מעמיקים. הם מדברים אידיש, אבל הם לא חסידים. יש להם אפילו התייחסות צינית קצת אל החסידות. הם צ'למרים. דוברי אידיש, אבל בעלי מסורת ליטאית".

Anyone know what צ'למרים are?

Also, this was a very positive view of shidduchim. We should post it on other threads:
למרות זאת, הוא רואה יופי בשיטת הדייטינג החרדית. "יש קסם נורא גדול באפשרות לשבת מול בן אדם ולראות לתוך נפשו. דווקא בצורה השמרנית, שאתה באמת מדבר עם האדם מולך, אתה יודע להפריד בין העיקר ובין הטפל ומגיע לעיקר. יש זה משהו מאד מדויק. מין בגרות באהבה".

kol_yom

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
Quoting this from the other Shtisel thread since it answers some questions we had upthread.

לאיזה זרם בציבור החרדי-ירושלמי משתייכת המשפחה בסדרה?

"האמת שהיה לנו על זה דיונים מעמיקים. הם מדברים אידיש, אבל הם לא חסידים. יש להם אפילו התייחסות צינית קצת אל החסידות. הם צ'למרים. דוברי אידיש, אבל בעלי מסורת ליטאית".

Anyone know what צ'למרים are?

Also, this was a very positive view of shidduchim. We should post it on other threads:
למרות זאת, הוא רואה יופי בשיטת הדייטינג החרדית. "יש קסם נורא גדול באפשרות לשבת מול בן אדם ולראות לתוך נפשו. דווקא בצורה השמרנית, שאתה באמת מדבר עם האדם מולך, אתה יודע להפריד בין העיקר ובין הטפל ומגיע לעיקר. יש זה משהו מאד מדויק. מין בגרות באהבה".

צ'למרים is (for lack of a better word)"slang" for yerushalmerim

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 9:05 am
http://www.dailymotion.com/vid.....-7_tv

Sadie

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 1:06 pm
So what do people think? Menucha is overstepping her bounds- packing up Devorah's clothes without asking Shulem first. That was totally wrong. BUT she also can't be expected to move in with her new husband and share closet space with his dead wife. Also Akiva shouldn't be trying to control the remodel. Shulem should have discussed it with him (hmm, seems like a lot of problems could be solved here by open discussion) but Akiva can't preserve his mother's kitchen as a museum. Life does have to march on.

One of the most humanizing moments for Shulem though, was the last episode of Season 1, when he buries his face in Devorah's clothes after her first yahrtzeit. It's the first time we see him express emotion about her death. I actually cried watching that scene.

So is Menucha too controlling? Or is Shulem just not quite ready to move on?

What about Ruchami? I think Gitty calling her marriage "childish nonsense" is going to backfire and make Ruchami more invested in making it work, even if it's a bad idea. Big misstep on Gitty's part. Lipa is actually more sympathetic here, although Gitty had a good line- she said we know that Ruchami's marriage isn't real because real husbands don't leave the woman they love. Ouch.

Is the little boy real? A ghost? A younger version of Akiva?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 1:13 pm
I was also wondering about the boy. It kind of reminds me of Elisheva going to Bnei Brak to feed and speak to her dead husbands - Did the whole story not happen? Did parts of it really happen?

Is Akiva going to fall in love with Hadassah next?

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 2:10 pm
And why are they renovating before the wedding?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 2:27 pm
I think (hope?) that shulem and menucha dont end up together. The whole thing is just weird. And I think she is way overstepping her bounds.
And with ruhami, the story is just too strange. I mean, obviously nobody has told her the full meaning of being married. Its so strange. And beyond not realistic.
I thought it was funny when shulem's mother thought the jordanians were still somehow involved in the kotel and that is was a "sakunes nefesh" to go there Smile

kerida

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 3:09 pm
Thank you so much rainbow dash for posting and sharing this !

The story is surreal and that removal from reality shows how great the acting is, no matter how far fetched the story line gets, the acting stays strong and true.

Menucha is a fantastic character actress, and suddenly now Shulem seems so vulnerable. Akiva and the dream sequence of the little boy is a bit frothy for me, but lets the story perhaps develop with Hadassah.

As for Ruchami, poor girl, suddenly Lipa is the gentle parent, Gitty seems transfixed with her own past mistakes, unable to let her daughter go.

cuffs

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 4:20 pm
I don't like menucha. She's so controlling and insists on everything being her way!
I totally agree with Gitty about Ruchami's marriage. The whole thing doesn't make any sense. I think they should divorce and revisit the shidduch when they are of marriageable age.
Akiva, I just feel so sorry for him. He's so alone with so much going on inside. I wish he would find his true love and happiness already.

newmommy1

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 11:27 pm
What's חברהמן? Menucha keeps using that term. We're there only 12 episodes from season 1?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 9:42 am
A chevraman is an outgoing, friendly, popular guy

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 10:01 am
newmommy1 wrote:
What's חברהמן? Menucha keeps using that term. We're there only 12 episodes from season 1?

Popular guy, not uptight, generous, goes with the flow. Considered a good thing to be.

checkbefore

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 2:05 pm
Anyone have a link where I could watch it online with english subtitles? Starting from season 1 please!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 7:31 am
amother wrote:

2) There are some insider jokes that make me, as a chareidi, totally crack up, but I wonder if the average non-chareidi person watching even gets them.

2 more examples -
Tzvi Aryeh's wife says we have to talk to Firer! She's referring to Rav Firer of Ezra L'Marpa who is a medical consultant. http://ezra-lemarpe.org/en/

Menucha talks about making the wedding in Zhvil. (My son's bris was there! Smile)

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 8:39 am
checkbefore wrote:
Anyone have a link where I could watch it online with english subtitles? Starting from season 1 please!
As far as I know there arent any with english subtitles.

Sadie

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 9:06 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
As far as I know there arent any with english subtitles.

I posted links to season one with English subtitles in the other thread, but season 2 is still being run on Israeli tv. The US distributor will probably translate it sometime after the season is done here.

suremom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 1:40 pm
checkbefore wrote:

the other shtisel thread pg. 3 on bottom someone posted entire season 1 with english subtitles.

cuffs

Post Sat, Dec 19 2015, 1:31 pm
When is the next episode coming out?!?!
Page 6 of 77   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 75  76  77  Next Recent Topics