Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What is NEW this season
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:31 am
DD14 likes to be in style and I am the clueless mother. Each year she gets pretty clothes but feels like she is missing the boat. For example last year, for example, she got pretty patterned dresses that were perfectly "in" but then felt like she missed out because the new "thing" was slip dresses and cardigans.
So before we start shopping, help me out - what is the NEW in things for this summer weekday and shabbos (example - styles, colors, length, patterns, etc)
Thanks!

happy7

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:04 am
Royal blue

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:14 am
Why don't you wait for her to see what the others are wearing and then you can stop? If she needs new clothes, buy 1 to start and wait for her.
You can't do this for her, she needs to do it herself. It's not like you'd know what she's going to see. And she'll never learn how to shop and choose if she doesn't do this herself.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:15 am
If you live in a place with frum clothing store, got take her there and see what is out and being tried on.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:16 am
Following. Waiting for the people who answer and don’t tell us to figure out by ourselves. 😅

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:54 am
Some may be able to go to the store and see for themselves and "get it" - I don't! and she wants to know NOW what it is, not after everything is sold. We are OOT with a couple stores, things don't hang around forever in the stores.
Please, if you know the answer, fill us in

lakewood mom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:59 am
I didn’t start shopping yet, so I can’t answer you. But why don’t you call the stores and ask them what’s in this season? What are most girls in that age bracket buying?

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Some may be able to go to the store and see for themselves and "get it" - I don't! and she wants to know NOW what it is, not after everything is sold. We are OOT with a couple stores, things don't hang around forever in the stores.

I don't know the answer.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:05 am
amother OP wrote:

*Slightly oversized tees with large sleeves such as these: https://udelny.com/products/4299366f

*Neons and pastel colors still going strong.
*Solid colors are more in than patterns.
*patterns are ok for shabbos dresses still. *Cropped cardigans over slip dress still very much in for shabbos
*denim everywhere

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:13 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
*Slightly oversized tees with large sleeves such as these: https://udelny.com/products/4299366f

*patterns are ok for shabbos dresses still. *Cropped cardigans over slip dress still very much in for shabbos
*denim everywhere

Those large sleeves don't cover the elbow if the girls ever plan to move their arms till the next clothing season

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:16 am
amother Tangerine wrote:

*denim everywhere

Thanks. I hope others in the know can chime in as well.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:17 am
For weekday, maxi denim skirts
For shbs, midi florals in light soft colors.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:23 am
In Brookyn, I'm seeing a lot of floral. A lot of cropped tops, and denim/ denim look in skirts, tops, jackets, dresses.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:58 am
I got my 14 year old daughter a Christina Rhodes floral set and a maxi dress with a cardigan so far.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:30 am
Your daughter needs to find this into on her own. It's not your job.
Fashion magazines from the non-frum world.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:46 am
It’s only February. I echo those saying to wait .

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:06 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:

*denim everywhere

I hope this isn't OT, but how do you know this? I'm so curious how people know these things.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:40 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
I hope this isn't OT, but how do you know this? I'm so curious how people know these things.

Curious as well

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:03 pm
amother Clematis wrote:

Just by browsing through frum websites you get a feel very quickly for what’s in.

Btw I’m also seeing a lot of wrap style types. Specifically tying in an x.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:10 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Judy by browsing through frum websites you get a feel very quickly for what’s in.

Btw I’m also seeing a lot of wrap style types. Specifically tying in an x.

I guess it's also about your ability to pick up on the patterns. Not my strong point.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics