Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Keeping a Journal

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 10:19 am
Does anyone keep a daily journal? I've tried keeping one many times on and off to channel the pain I feel sometimes but as soon as I feel better, I seem to stop writing.

Do you write first thing in the morning? If so, does that mean getting up earlier? Do you write before you go to sleep at night? If so, is it possible that you get upset by what you write so that you can't sleep? Do you only write when the mood strikes you?

The reason I'm asking is because keeping a journal sounds so much more practical than, say, paying and taking the time to see a therapist. Also, there may be things that you feel uncomfortable talking about with your friends because they may either be uninterested or perhaps a bit jealous.

Nomad

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 6:30 pm
I have a journal that is definitely not daily...I write only when the mood strikes me

its really nice - a total destressor and its fascinating to see your thoughts on things from years ago

yedidya's mom

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 6:40 pm
I used to be an avid journal writer but have since slacked off. I really miss it and every once in a while I try to find some time to write. today I really needed a break from my kids so my dh said to go for a walk. I grabbed my journal and sat myself down in starbucks- it was really nice to put thoughts to paper. funny thing was everyone there was typing away on their laptops- felt very lowtech Very Happy

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 6:06 pm
I see a therapist and journal almost daily. Sometimes I take a break from journaling but then the stress mounts to an unbearable level. Journaling has been a lifesaver for me. Often when I am unable to fall asleep I get up and journal (on a word document) and then can easily fall asleep. Many nights I say to myself, better to stay up another half hour to journal than go to bed and being unable to fall asleep.

greeneyes

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 7:18 pm
I've been journaling since third grade, it's always been a great outlet for me. (The ones from back then are really entertaining at this point!) Since I got married a year and a half ago though, I've stopped for some reason, although every so often I think about getting back into it...

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 6:43 pm
done that at times ... used to a lot ... life is too hectic - get a rare chance but always in the middle of the night when I can't sleep ... and it inevitably brings out an overpouring of emotion ...

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:55 am
I don't and never did. I'm not much of a writer. This past summer, I bought a notebook for my dd11 and decorated it and that's her journal. I made her write something at least once a week, but haven't for a long time. She found it yesterday and on her own, she started again. Too bad, it was when she was supposed to be sleeping Confused . For my ds who's a year younger than her, I got him a drawing journal. She likes to write and he likes to draw. He hasn't drawn anything in it since the summer and I have no idea where it is. Maybe I'll tell him to find it and continue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics