Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Cruel prank calls- why would he do this?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 10:50 am
A guy called my cell phone this morning to say there was a car accident in front of his house and a relative of mine may have been involved. The driver is unconscious and very badly hurt. He couldn't answer my questions, but finally asked someone else and told me the guys' names were Steve and Anthony. I told him they are not relatives of mine and I hung up.

Then he called dh a few minutes later. Same story, except this time it was a female driver.

Then he called me again- he forgot that that he had called me already. I told him. He stuck with his story about Steve. He doesn't know the last name, but the guy SAID his name is Steve. (Wasn't he unconscious before?) He promised Steve he would call me and finally said he'll tell the hospital to call me since I refused to believe him.

What is this guy trying to accomplish? He didn't ask for money or any information. Doesn't know my name or anything. Yet he somehow has dh's number and mine. I'm kind of freaked out.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 10:57 am
A pacifist psychopath Confused
But the fact that he has your and your DH number is quite worrying... Do you also have his number or was it from a blocked call?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:02 am
I do have his number and I even called him back and he answered.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:04 am
UnFarvosNischt wrote:
A pacifist psychopath Confused
But the fact that he has your and your DH number is quite worrying... Do you also have his number or was it from a blocked call?

I don't think it's something to worry about. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing where you specifically were the target. Last summer (or maybe the summer before) my sister called my husband in a pic because some guy called her and told her that I had hit his brothers car at a gas station, and I was refusing to pay damages, so his brother was going to kill me unless I or my husband paid. We were all the target of a prank, but it wasn't geared to us specifically.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:04 am
the world's best mom wrote:
I do have his number and I even called him back and he answered.

What did you/he say?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:10 am
eema of 3 wrote:
I don't think it's something to worry about. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing where you specifically were the target. Last summer (or maybe the summer before) my sister called my husband in a pic because some guy called her and told her that I had hit his brothers car at a gas station, and I was refusing to pay damages, so his brother was going to kill me unless I or my husband paid. We were all the target of a prank, but it wasn't geared to us specifically.
Right- he was trying to get money out of you. My guy hasn't asked for anything.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:13 am
eema of 3 wrote:
What did you/he say?
He had hung up in middle of the call, so I called back and asked what name it said on the guy's license. He said he doesn't know where the guy's license is but he said his name is Steve.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 7:32 pm
cruel prank ~ one day they will realize how stupid and immature it is

sourstix

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 8:32 pm
am I being stupid here? this is just confusing. why does he call her what does he want from you guys? I guess its a prank. I hate such stupid things. and its interesting how he has both of yous number. hmm..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics