Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Gut reaction to candidates
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

gold21

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:49 pm
Jeanette wrote:
It doesn't matter if she is perceived as the "lying type" or not. The facts speak for themselves.

The fact that they're throwing this proposal out there when they are not even following it themselves makes it look like another cynical manipulation rather than a sincere attempt to improve conditions for women in the workplace.

Of course Donald would say, if you get harassed, find another job. If you don't like the maternity leave policy, find another job.

I don't have all the facts, I have one CNN article. I'm open to reading some more on the subject. Links?

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:50 pm
gold21 wrote:
Does Ivanka come across as the lying type to you? Not to me. Had Donald said it, well, yeah. (Hilary isn't squeaky clean either in the truth-telling department.) Speaking of gut reactions, mine is to watch and see how this story unfolds. So I'll watch and wait, and I'll make a decision based on whatever conclusion I draw. I'm open minded.

But politics aside, helloooo, this is a much needed and very overdue proposal!!! The US is so outdated with regards to issues relating to maternity and childcare.

The lying type?! That's your argument?
Where is the head spinning emoji?

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:52 pm
gold21 wrote:
I don't have all the facts, I have one CNN article. I'm open to reading some more on the subject. Links?

All those fake news articles are enough to convice people that Hillary kills her opponents, yet a reliable CNN article is called "not having all the facts."

Once again, point proven.

gold21

Maya wrote:
The lying type?! That's your argument?
Where is the head spinning emoji?

No, that's YOUR argument Maya. I'm having a conversation with you. You're getting all dramatic.

Jeanette

Rubber Ducky wrote:

Mrs. Clinton (and her campaign flacks) are dishonest and secretive in a Nixonian sort of way; that's why most people don't trust her. For example: seasonal allergies > overheated > pneumonia. Really!?

Mr. Trump's lying is much more stream-of-conscoiusness.

I'm really not seeing the big to-do over her pneumonia. Young people get it too, and they don't usually stick to a grueling campaign schedule until they're forced to stop. It might have been wiser for her though not to push herself to go to the memorial when she knew she was putting herself at risk.

It's plausible that all three were true. The cough started out as allergies but then progressed to pneumonia which was aggravated by heat and dehydration.

Yes, the Trump campaign wants you to believe that she is hiding some deep dark secret about her health, or that she's at death's door. Neither seems to be true.

gold21

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:53 pm
Maya wrote:
All those fake news articles are enough to convice people that Hillary kills her opponents, yet a reliable CNN article is called "not having all the facts."

Once again, point proven.

Excuse me?
Hilary kills her opponents?
I'm confused.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:57 pm
gold21 wrote:
No, that's YOUR argument Maya. I'm having a conversation with you. You're getting all dramatic.

You said you can't believe it because Ivanka is not the lying type. Did I misunderstand your comment?

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:58 pm
gold21 wrote:
Excuse me?
Hilary kills her opponents?
I'm confused.

Yes. Breitbart or whoever even said so. She's killing anyone who has private information about her. Didn't you hear?

gold21

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:01 am
Maya wrote:
You said you can't believe it because Ivanka is not the lying type. Did I misunderstand your comment?

Yes that's exactly what I said. I'm having a discussion with you, or so I thought. I'm explaining my thought process, not attempting to make persuasive statements. I trust Ivanka. I like her. Incidentally, so does Chelsea Clinton.

gold21

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:04 am
Maya wrote:
Yes. Breitbart or whoever even said so. She's killing anyone who has private information about her. Didn't you hear?

Oh come on.

Maya

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:06 am
gold21 wrote:
Oh come on.

It's on news sites. A lot of my friends and families are taking it like gospel and swearing it's true. It's why they're supporting Trump.

This campaign is not about facts.

Maya

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:07 am
gold21 wrote:
Yes that's exactly what I said. I'm having a discussion with you, or so I thought. I'm explaining my thought process, not attempting to make persuasive statements. I trust Ivanka. I like her. Incidentally, so does Chelsea Clinton.

I like her too. She's really cool, usually. Still, if it's proven that she lied, then she lied, regardless of what you or I think of her.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:08 am
Jeanette wrote:
I'm really not seeing the big to-do over her pneumonia. Young people get it too, and they don't usually stick to a grueling campaign schedule until they're forced to stop. It might have been wiser for her though not to push herself to go to the memorial when she knew she was putting herself at risk.

It's plausible that all three were true. The cough started out as allergies but then progressed to pneumonia which was aggravated by heat and dehydration.

Yes, the Trump campaign wants you to believe that she is hiding some deep dark secret about her health, or that she's at death's door. Neither seems to be true.

She may or may not have a deep, dark, medical secret. But the secrecy and opaqueness which seem to be her natural inclination, the way she handles things ranging from her health to the email scandal, gives the conspiracy theories legs.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:08 am
Jeanette wrote:

Time will tell. I'm no doctor but she has exhibited symptoms that are not explained by flu, pneumonia or fatigue. That's why many are speculating something more along the lines of Parkinson's or brain damage from blood clot. And those I've heard speculating about it are not tied to the Trump campaign. It will be interesting to see how things progress with her.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:10 am
MiracleMama wrote:
Time will tell. I'm no doctor but she has exhibited symptoms that are not explained by flu, pneumonia or fatigue. That's why many are speculating something more along the lines of Parkinson's or brain damage from blood clot. And those I've heard speculating about it are not tied to the Trump campaign. It will be interesting to see how things progress with her.

You don't find Trump's rambling bizarre? Do you think it could be an early manifestation of Alzheimers?

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:11 am
Jeanette wrote:
You don't find Trump's rambling bizarre? Do you think it could be an early manifestation of Alzheimers?

LOL, no because he's always been like that. Not everyone who runs their mouth without a filter has Alzheimers.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:15 am
MiracleMama wrote:
LOL, no because he's always been like that. Not everyone who runs their mouth without a filter has Alzheimers.

Hey, lots of people are saying this could be alzheimers.

We're seeing more and more of his paranoia and lack of focus as the campaign unfolds.

His father died of it too you know.

Maya

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:15 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
She may or may not have a deep, dark, medical secret. But the secrecy and opaqueness which seem to be her natural inclination, the way she handles things ranging from her health to the email scandal, gives the conspiracy theories legs.

What about Trump's refusal to publicize his tax returns? The audit argument has been disproven; he is able to release them even if they are under audit.

He has also said that if his health records would reveal anything less than good health, then he wouldn't release them.

Why don't you have a problem with his secrecy and opaqueness, but are placing those claims on Hillary for far less wrongdoing?

Again, proving the OP.

gold21

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:17 am
Maya wrote:
It's on news sites. A lot of my friends and families are taking it like gospel and swearing it's true. It's why they're supporting Trump.

This campaign is not about facts.

We all know avid talk radio types, people who will support any Republican candidate no matter what he/she says or does, on the basis of party alone, and will nitpick and criticize the Democratic candidate, on the basis of party alone.

Unfortunately, that definitely goes both ways. There are many voters who will tear apart any Republican candidate, no matter who it is, and will support any Democratic candidate, no matter who it is. It's about the party being victorious, not about the country improving.

Honestly, it's rather disturbing how party allegiance can get in the way of common sense for so many people. Sheeple.

With that said, no, I don't think Mrs Clinton kills off her opponents. Lol.

gold21

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:26 am
Maya wrote:
I like her too. She's really cool, usually. Still, if it's proven that she lied, then she lied, regardless of what you or I think of her.

True, but I will have to wait and see, as nothing has been proven.

And Cosmopolitan's interview.... Ridiculous. They questioned Ivanka as to why the proposal does not advocate paternity leave for gay couples.... Well, because it's intended to help women who are physically recovering from the strain of pregnancy and childbirth... DUH! What a ridiculous interview.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics