Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need tutor for college
1  2  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:34 pm
Looking for someone to write reports ....
I will do minimum research and can use that as outline.
Someone familiar with social work terms etc. finding articles...using APA style...
Anyone know of anyone?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:39 pm
That is very likely against college policy. Schools do not act kindly when dealing with such things...
If I am paying someone as a therapist, I am under the impression she got her degree legally and knows what she's talking about.
College is hard, I agree. But I'm not sure paying someone to do your work is the answer.

cm

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:51 pm
Someone who teaches you how to write reports is a tutor.

Someone who writes reports for pay is not a tutor. Many colleges have harsh penalties for plagiarism. If you turn in reports written by someone else, you risk failing the paper or term, or maybe even expulsion.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:58 pm
I reported this post to the admin. What you are looking for here is wrong. Sorry, but paying someone to write your paper is CHEATING!!!

If you're taking a class you should do the work yourself. It's okay to have a tutor teach you how to write a report or review you work and make recommendations on how to update it, but it's NOT okay to have someone write it for you.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:07 pm
I did all the research and wrote it out...my grammar etc. is terrible.
I want someone to make it into a proper report that flows and has normal vocabulary.
Why is that wrong? I have it all written out...

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:13 pm
So maybe find someone to TEACH you how to do that by yourself, or read some grammar books. My professor has written a book on college writing and requires all his students to get it. He is ruthless when grading because he wants every student to learn how to write professionally. You need to learn professional writing skills. Having someone else do it for you is wrong and deceiving. It's an important skill to have for life, so having someone work WITH you hands-on while you're in college is your best bet, IMO. Many colleges have tutoring services for this.

cm

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:14 pm
OP, assuming you are also the OP of the recent thread about finding social work articles, it sounds as though you require some support resources not available at your school. Social workers need to be able to do these things (look up articles, communicate in writing, and so on).

Please consider transferring to community college (assuming you are in the US) where you will find many opportunities for extra help at a reasonable cost. Community colleges are ideal for non-traditional students or those who are not quite ready for a standard rigorous four-year curriculum.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
So maybe find someone to TEACH you how to do that by yourself, or read some grammar books. My professor has written a book on college writing and requires all his students to get it. He is ruthless when grading because he wants every student to learn how to write professionally. You need to learn professional writing skills. Having someone else do it for you is wrong and deceiving. It's an important skill to have for life, so having someone work WITH you hands-on while you're in college is your best bet, IMO. Many colleges have tutoring services for this.

Great idea, smart professor!
Did you find the book helpful? If so what's it called

I'm feeling so dumb with all your comments...I actually graduated with honors from college and now started masters and just overwhelmed. I guess I should add that I'm a perfectionist!

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
Great idea, smart professor!
Did you find the book helpful? If so what's it called

I'm feeling so dumb with all your comments...I actually graduated with honors from college and now started masters and just overwhelmed. I guess I should add that I'm a perfectionist!

I'm sorry you are feeling dumb, but it's quite unusual for someone to be admitted to a masters program without knowing how to do basic research or knowing about what constitutes cheating. Did you get your BA from a traditional bricks and mortar college or online? As another poster mentioned, these are skills honed in (HS) and junior college if your HS education was deficient.

Are you in the process of writing your dissertation or is this just a paper for a single course?

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:01 pm
you sound like you can string a sentence together without making any major mistakes. Why can't you write it yourself?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:20 pm
Raisin wrote:
you sound like you can string a sentence together without making any major mistakes. Why can't you write it yourself?

Good point!!!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:33 pm
Why not speak to your professor? The school might have some recommendations or resources for you. How did you make it to grad school without learning how to complete a research paper?

sequoia

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:48 pm
This is not what tutors do.

#sickandtiredofpeopleaskingmetodotheirworkforthem

PAMOM

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:47 pm
If you go to a mainstream university, there will be a writing center that can help you in ethical useful ways. If your papers are all written out, you can ethically hire a tutor to help with writing skills. If all you've done is the research and want someone to write the paper, that's plagiarism.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:33 pm
I do this all the time. I can meet with you and show you how to dig up articles on your topic and how to form a theory based on that research. Your writing doesn't look bad. Once you have plenty of material to work with, drafting the paper shouldn't take long. I can edit/enhance your draft.

I've also done more work in terms of research and writing the papers. You outline your position in general terms, I research articles supporting your theory, I draft the paper, you edit and add your individual parts and pieces so it reflects your thoughts properly, and I put the finishing touches.

I'm not cheap though. I work by the hour. If you set up an email address I can get in touch with you.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:36 pm
amother wrote:
I do this all the time. You outline your position in general terms, I research articles supporting your theory, I draft the paper, you edit and add your individual parts and pieces so it reflects your thoughts properly, and I put the finishing touches.

I'm not cheap though. I work by the hour. If you set up an email address I can get in touch with you.

Sounds like you've got a money making business. I can't say much for the students who use your services though.

nicole81

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:56 pm
Was there an essay, personal statement, or some other form of extended written response required for your graduate school application? If so, how were you able to complete that? Did you write it yourself?

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:26 am
Tutor.com has an editing service where they help you refine your paper.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:32 am
amother wrote:
Tutor.com has an editing service where they help you refine your paper.

I just checked their site, they are for HS level classes, the OP is in a masters program.

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:46 am
Sounds like you write just fine, and don't need to hire someone to illegally and unethically ghost-write your paper for you.

Why don't you write it yourself? You can ask someone to proof-read it for you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics