Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Shmuel kunda
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Einikel

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:37 am
“Mrs Himmelstein are you home?”
“Where else would I be on a Friday afternoon? On a trip to Acapulco?!”

When Zaidy was young 1

enneamom

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:41 am
"I said I was I'm sorry!"

"Where the sign is tipped and the steps are chipped and you're sitting on a nail"

"'Are you davening shacharis or maariv?' 'Whichever one you want! Come inside already! We need you far ah minyan!'"

"Not a vacation! Eviction!"

"Maybe we should all go home and have some very well done cholent. The head doesn't operate when the stomach is empty. And besides, let's not forget that today is still Shabbos." - Mama had such pearls of wisdom!

"Fish were put into this world to griiind up with onions...to mix with eggs...to combine with matza meal...to add a LITtle sugar...to shape into loaves...and to cook all day in a big pot with 5 carrots and 2 potatoes! THAT is why fish were put into this world, and not to play with in the bathtub!" and why little boys were put into this world...cookies and milk...etc. "'...and to make sure they do their homework.' Heshy and Manny: 'Aww.'"

Ah, memories!

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:16 am
thriver wrote:
I think that is from Yanky’s Shabbos tape. Not Shmuel Kunda but another wonderful classic. I actually downloaded it for myself more recently. “I used to think my mother was the shabbos queen...” is on that one. Love that song!

No, it's from Boruch learns about Shabbos. We listen to it often Smile

singleagain

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:29 am
I'm so sad. I was so sure I had my cassette, that I bought a cassette player and not I can't find it

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:36 am
You can still buy his works as downloads: https://www.shmuelkunda.com/

singleagain

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 7:38 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
You can still buy his works as downloads: https://www.shmuelkunda.com/

But like I already own it. It's so hard for me to spend the money knowing bo already have it.

kalsee

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 7:40 am
JewishMusic.fm is free and has everything by Shmuel Kunda

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:12 am
I have never heard of this in my life! LOL I clicked just because I was confused by the thread title. I still don't know what you all are talking about, but you seem happy so enjoy! Very Happy

giselle

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:14 am
singleagain wrote:
I'm so sad. I was so sure I had my cassette, that I bought a cassette player and not I can't find it

What about all the CDs I bought when my kids were little, and now the cars don’t even have CD players anymore!

singleagain

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:17 am
giselle wrote:
What about all the CDs I bought when my kids were little, and now the cars don’t even have CD players anymore!

CDs can be ripped to a computer. And then played off a phone/ mp3

amother
Coral

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:37 am
theoneandonly wrote:
How about Cousin Lemel's full name-- Matislemel ben Shemaryahu

Yaamod, YAamod, YAAMOD!!!! Habachur habar mitzvah m, matis lemel Ben alter shmaryahu, chaZAAAK!!!

Every year at the Seder, we go through all the makos. Everyone is literally in tears from laughing so hard.
My sister in law knew Rabbi Kunda, a”h, and used to go visit him all the time once he was sick and living in the nursing home in lakewood. We were even zoche to have him come to a couple of sedarim at my in laws house. We practically quoted the entire boruch learns about pesach at those sedarim. Of all the years we spent going to my in laws the years he was there were my favorites.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:44 am
Ahh good thing I didn’t break one on the way”. Every time 2 bottles hit together we say it

My great grandfather kah has no teeth bh how can he eat the matza”

Simon Simon the Baker that’s an excellent question

It was a mistake in the calculushees

“Dogitis my foot”

We love the longest pesach. Every year when we’re kashering for pesach we turn it on.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Ahh good thing I didn’t break one on the way”. Every time 2 bottles hit together we say it

My great grandfather kah has no teeth bh how can he eat the matza”

Simon Simon the Baker that’s an excellent question

It was a mistake in the calculushees

“Dogitis my foot”

We love the longest pesach. Every year when we’re kashering for pesach we turn it on.

We do too!!! We alternate between 4 cds- two kunda ones (Baruch learns about pesach, and the longest pesach) and two other ones (yanky, and a singable Seder)

singleagain

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 9:42 am
kalsee wrote:

It's not mobile friendly... Is they a mobile version?

raich

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:08 pm
Ooooh I got so excited to see this thread again! My kids are sitting next to me and excitedly telling me all their favorite lines now lol. We are so happy that Naki Radio has so many Kunda classics, since our last tape deck(!) sadly broke and now all our tapes are basically obsolete. Oh well.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:10 pm
kalsee wrote:

Do they have permission for this? The CDs are for sale on their website, it's hard for me to believe that they're okay with giving them all away for free.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:35 pm
I never heard any of them... Never grew up with them

Supermom#1

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 9:47 pm
I don't care where you was born!
(Mr. Genugshoin to Mr. Osborne, When Zaidy was young 2)

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I never heard any of them... Never grew up with them

You should totally get them, they’re awesome!!!!

bigsis144

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Do they have permission for this? The CDs are for sale on their website, it's hard for me to believe that they're okay with giving them all away for free.

If it’s radio/streaming and not for free download, that makes sense. They could have paid for the streaming rights
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics