Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Could Oprah Winfrey be the next President of the USA?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 12:49 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Short answer to the title question: yes she could be.
(A lot better than Kanye west in my opinion!)

Lol. Kanye West is so emotionally unstable the thought is both hilarious and terrifying.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 12:52 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I love her too! I think she’s such a kind hearted and truly good person. But I don’t want her for president. She’s a liberal and I’m sure I would disagree with a lot of her policies.

Well, there's always Roseanne Barr. AND she's Jewish!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai.....uxdal

simba

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 12:55 pm
Could social media get any more ridiculous? She gave an empowering and passionate speech at an event and now she is the next presidential nominee?
This country is so fickle it is amazing. I guess we deserve this garbage. First we glorify these good for nothings and then we have to deal with them being in power.

As mentioned above, she definitely gets my vote above Kanye West..short of that..NO!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 12:58 pm
Wait a minute, are you guys serious that Kanye is thinking of running? shock I can't...

Omg! Kim Kardashian as first lady! shock

shoshanim999

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:03 pm
amother wrote:
To imamother Linen:

Your wide brush of "the same people who complained that Trump had no gov't experience will not mind that she has none" does not reflect well on your thought process.

I did not vote for Trump. I thought someone with government experience would be better.
I would not vote for Oprah because she has no government experience. There is no disconnect.

Why are you assuming otherwise?

I seriously doubt that the amother you are quoting is claiming that every single person who didn't vote for trump because if his lack of experience, will ignore that Oprah doesn't either have any experience and vote for her. I agree with that another that MANY who screamed about trumps lack of experience, will find other redeeming qualities with Oprah and ignore the experience issue.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:07 pm
MARK CUBAN!
I really think that’s realistic !

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:07 pm
amother wrote:
Wait a minute, are you guys serious that Kanye is thinking of running? shock I can't...

He has speculated a run.

etky

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:

They do say that history repeats itself. As farce.

Fox

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:10 pm
Like DrMom, I suspect that Oprah might come down a little too far to the left for my taste on many issues. That said, I will almost always vote for a candidate who's had to make payroll versus one who's collected a paycheck, and Oprah might surprise us with some hard-headed business sense.

The real questions I have about an Oprah candidacy would be (a) will the entertainment industry be able to contain the blowback from the s-xual scandals; and (b) will Oprah be able to escape unscathed from whatever blowback occurs.

Right now, Hollywood is working feverishly to make this about Harvey Weinstein and push a narrative of evil men victimizing innocent women. People like Bryan Singer have been shuffled far, far away from the spotlight and we're supposed to believe that Corey Feldman's arrest for possession of marijuana was simply a case of zealous law enforcement. However much disgust people might feel for Weinstein, his actions pale compared to the routine and organized s-xual exploitation of underage boys and girls.

If ownership of the LAPD by the "Free Man in Paris" (David Geffen) isn't enough to shore up the entertainment industry against allegations and truly horrific stories, Oprah needs to be really, really far away from the wreakage if she plans to run for President.

Laiya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:19 pm
They're both self-made billionaires, but whereas Trump is rough, Oprah is empathy. That practically defines her. But would she be able to do what needs to be done? How would she handle the cut-throat world of politics?

Also, they say she has too many skeletons in her closet.

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSIQZFHharA

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:20 pm
Fox wrote:
Like DrMom, I suspect that Oprah might come down a little too far to the left for my taste on many issues. That said, I will almost always vote for a candidate who's had to make payroll versus one who's collected a paycheck, and Oprah might surprise us with some hard-headed business sense.

The real questions I have about an Oprah candidacy would be (a) will the entertainment industry be able to contain the blowback from the s-xual scandals; and (b) will Oprah be able to escape unscathed from whatever blowback occurs.

Right now, Hollywood is working feverishly to make this about Harvey Weinstein and push narrative of evil men victimizing innocent women. People like Bryan Singer have been shuffled far, far away from the spotlight and we're supposed to believe that Corey Feldman's arrest for possession of marijuana was simply a case of zealous law enforcement. However much disgust people might feel for Weinstein, his actions pale compared to the routine and organized s-xual exploitation of underage boys and girls.

If ownership of the LAPD by the "Free Man in Paris" (David Geffen) isn't enough to shore up the entertainment industry against allegations and truly horrific stories, Oprah needs to be really, really far away from the wreakage if she plans to run for President.

So, so true. While Harvey is obviously a a sad, sick, emotionally disturbed predator, where is the conversation about all the young women/children who felt the only way to gain power and prestige in society was to become Hollywood stars, the very pinnacle of female objectification and child exploitation? Harvey is merely a symptom of the issue, a guy who knew how to capitalize on a depraved culture that teaches young women and children to put themselves in ridiculous positions for the promise of fame, adoration, and money.

And Oprah belongs to that world, as much as I love her. She HAD to have known what was really going on, and she's smart enough to know that Hollywood careers promote everything that is anti feminism. Where was HER show on Hollywood exploitation of women and kids during the nineties and early 2000s? That could really bring down her campaign if the American people are willing to think this deeply about popular culture...

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:35 pm
amother wrote:
So, so true. While Harvey is obviously a a sad, sick, emotionally disturbed predator, where is the conversation about all the young women/children who felt the only way to gain power and prestige in society was to become Hollywood stars, the very pinnacle of female objectification and child exploitation? Harvey is merely a symptom of the issue, a guy who knew how to capitalize on a depraved culture that teaches young women and children to put themselves in ridiculous positions for the promise of fame, adoration, and money.

And Oprah belongs to that world, as much as I love her. She HAD to have known what was really going on, and she's smart enough to know that Hollywood careers promote everything that is anti feminism. Where was HER show on Hollywood exploitation of women and kids during the nineties and early 2000s? That could really bring down her campaign if the American people are willing to think this deeply about popular culture...

#oprahknew is already trending

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:39 pm
Even more of a clown that Trump. Congrats America.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
#oprahknew is already trending

Good. The more I think about it, the less of an Oprah fan I am. She just covered her own behind, continued promoting the depraved Hollywood culture with her celebrity interviews, while she knew exactly what was happening to women and kids in the industry, the ones she supposedly championed.

This makes me sad.

alis_al_kulana

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 2:42 pm
I think Trump has made an extremely difficult achievement, moving from one public arena to another, appear to be easier than it is. Oprah may be arrogant enough to run, but she will lose a lot of her good will and her approval rating compared to trump is similar to Biden.
She also has a lot of scandals with her school on south Africa.
There are also pictures of her presenting young actresses to Harvey weinstein .
I think she has a good chance to win. She may surprise us. But she's a far left person who would be terrible for the country, so I hope she doesn't run.

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 2:58 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I love her too! I think she’s such a kind hearted and truly good person. But I don’t want her for president. She’s a liberal and I’m sure I would disagree with a lot of her policies.

I agree. She’s a big liberal, to much even to some liberals.

But I adore her so much! She’s so kind, has a huge heart and she has such a witty sense of humor. I love her humor. She somehow always cheers me up.

She’s great at what she’s doing, she should stay at that.

Btw, do you ever watch how she scares people? I go crazy over it. It’s so childish, yet so crazy funny!! I’m cracking up watching these videos.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:26 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I seriously doubt that the amother you are quoting is claiming that every single person who didn't vote for trump because if his lack of experience, will ignore that Oprah doesn't either have any experience and vote for her. I agree with that another that MANY who screamed about trumps lack of experience, will find other redeeming qualities with Oprah and ignore the experience issue.

Every far left advocacy site I've seen today has said that Oprah's lack of experience would be problematic.

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:33 pm
Just because you know how to make money does not mean you know how to manage it. I thought she was an imbecile with her car giveaways. For a smart lady, she could have gotten some tax advice for her audience members. Ratings come first.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:47 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

So I liked Ellen until she publicly shamed Nancy in her audience and until she made a lewd comment to Katy Perry. Not so impressed with her character anymore.

Last edited by Boca00 on Tue, Jan 09 2018, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:51 pm
Boca00 wrote:
So I liked her until she publicly shamed Nancy in her audience and until she made a lewd comment to Katy Perry. Not so impressed with her character anymore.

Huh?
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics