Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Could Oprah Winfrey be the next President of the USA?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Laiya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:12 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Bahahahahahahahaha!
#Nopra
Honestly, Noone can win against Donald Trump with his personality and the economy booming, he will be a two term president. Imagine her debating him. He will wipe the floor with her. And all her skeletons will come out of the closet. She will be completely ruined. Also, she is running on women and minority rights not exactly a winning platform. To quote a very smart man "It''s the economy, stupid" and ours happens to be doing fabulous. And no, it had nothing to do with Obama. He had 8 years and did nothing for us. If the economy had tanked after Trump was elected leftists would have blamed Trump. You can't have it both ways.

This whole Oprah thing just highlights that the Democrats don't have any realistic contenders

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:23 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
LOL

Or sleeping through the night

Rolling Laughter

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:23 pm
shyshira wrote:
I’m not following. Are you upset that Oprah knew and didn’t care about the tax consequences - or that she was an imbecile not to know about the tax consequences?

I am upset she didn't investigate the consequences to the audience. It was all about their reactions on camera. It scares me that there was so little caring until she got blasted.

shyshira

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 3:56 pm
Squishy wrote:
I am upset she didn't investigate the consequences to the audience. It was all about their reactions on camera. It scares me that there was so little caring until she got blasted.

Understood. Not sure how that makes her personally an imbecile, especially around money managing ( she has no duty toward her audience to manage theirs).

Maybe an imbecile for not hiring the right advisors?

Seems like the main gripe is that’s she’s fake and uncaring.

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:12 pm
amother wrote:
Her platform is "I'm not Trump." That's enough for many. And the same people who complained that Trump had no gov't experience will not mind that she has none.

If it comes down to Trump vs. Oprah, I'd vote for Oprah but I absolutely don't think she belongs in the White House due to her lack of experience in politics. Good character and maturity (as compared to Trump) does not necessarily make a good president.

I think this country is obsessed with wealthy people in the hopes that some of it will rub off on them. That was always my explanation for why Trump got elected, and it's my explanation for the trend of Oprah as president. Neither are qualified.

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:14 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Even more of a clown that Trump. Congrats America.

No, no one is a bigger clown than Trump. He's way worse than Oprah in so many ways. But both are unqualified for the presidency.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:16 pm
Maya wrote:
If it comes down to Trump vs. Oprah, I'd vote for Oprah but I absolutely don't think she belongs in the White House due to her lack of experience in politics. Good character and maturity (as compared to Trump) does not necessarily make a good president.

I think this country is obsessed with wealthy people in the hopes that some of it will rub off on them. That was always my explanation for why Trump got elected, and it's my explanation for the trend of Oprah as president. Neither are qualified.

Just think how nice the world would be if Bill Gates ran and Melinda, his wife was his running mate.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:19 pm
Laiya wrote:
This whole Oprah thing just highlights that the Democrats don't have any realistic contenders

Kamala Harris
Cory Booker
Sherrod Brown
Joe Biden (hope not -- too old)

All legitimate candidates.

I think Joe Kennedy is a year too young, but I expect him to make a move eventually as well.

Oprah's not running.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:21 pm
Following Maya's vein, I think too many people in this country relate to politics as reality TV.

*dramatic music*

So WHO will compete for he 2020 presidency??
Find out, in our next episode of The White House!

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:21 pm
shyshira wrote:
Understood. Not sure how that makes her personally an imbecile, especially around money managing ( she has no duty toward her audience to manage theirs).

Maybe an imbecile for not hiring the right advisors?

Seems like the main gripe is that’s she’s fake and uncaring.

So many things she does without considering the consequences on the innocent audience. She comes across as super compassionate. She isn't. People trust her and her cr@p.

Her promotions have hurt numerous people who bought into things because she promoted it.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:24 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. Kanye West is so emotionally unstable the thought is both hilarious and terrifying.

I listened to some of his interviews after he announced that he wants to run for president and he's really lacking intelligence.

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:26 pm
amother wrote:
I listened to some of his interviews after he announced that he wants to run for president and he's really lacking intelligence.

He's no worse than our current president.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:38 pm
amother wrote:

Actually, my guess is that he's pretty darned smart, based on his music and his apparent business acumen.

That doesn't mean he's not totally bonkers, or that he'd make a good president. But don't underestimate his intelligence.

shoshanim999

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:41 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Bahahahahahahahaha!
#Nopra
Honestly, Noone can win against Donald Trump with his personality and the economy booming, he will be a two term president. Imagine her debating him. He will wipe the floor with her. And all her skeletons will come out of the closet. She will be completely ruined. Also, she is running on women and minority rights not exactly a winning platform. To quote a very smart man "It''s the economy, stupid" and ours happens to be doing fabulous. And no, it had nothing to do with Obama. He had 8 years and did nothing for us. If the economy had tanked after Trump was elected leftists would have blamed Trump. You can't have it both ways.

You should be aware that economies are often cyclicle. We haven't had a recession in awhile and are due for one. It is certainly possible that by the time the next election cycle comes around the economy will be in recession. If that happens, Trump will have nobody to blame it on but himself. Also be aware that many of the things that Trump openly mocked Obama as a candidate, such as an inflated strong stock market and fake low unemployment rate, as president, he takes full credit and now tells us that these numbers are legitimate.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:47 pm
Maya wrote:
He's no worse than our current president.

Maya. Please.

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 4:48 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Maya. Please.

Please what?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 5:47 pm
Laiya wrote:

Strongly disagree. Donald trump ran against a highly qualified field of republicans...
I think the whole to-do about Oprah is because we've seen that anything can happen, and the most unlikely candidate is now our president. Had Donald trump not been president, I don't think anyone would be seriously considering Oprah.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 5:50 pm
Maya wrote:
Please what?

He is worse. Trump may be immoral, bombastic, egotistical etc, but his policies (and even his tweets) follow a certain predictable pattern.
With Kanye, it would be an even wilder wild card.
He's been admitted to a psych ward! Trump may be crazy, but Kanye.... shock
I'd rather Justin Bieber

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 5:51 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
He is worse. Trump may be immoral, bombastic, egotistical etc, but his policies (and even his tweets) follow a certain predictable pattern.
With Kanye, it would be an even wilder wild card.
He's been admitted to a psych ward! Trump may be crazy, but Kanye.... shock
I'd rather Justin Bieber

Can't get him!

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 5:52 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Bahahahahahahahaha!
#Nopra

Lol Trump is a terrible debater. And in terms of not having it both ways, the economy has been on the upswing during Obama’s presidency so he should certainly get credit too, right?
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics