Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Could Oprah Winfrey be the next President of the USA?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 8:53 pm
Laiya wrote:
This whole Oprah thing just highlights that the Democrats don't have any realistic contenders

So what does it mean for Republicans that Trump was their best option?

Personally, I think both parties have their issues right now.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 8:56 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
He is worse. Trump may be immoral, bombastic, egotistical etc, but his policies (and even his tweets) follow a certain predictable pattern.
With Kanye, it would be an even wilder wild card.
He's been admitted to a psych ward! Trump may be crazy, but Kanye.... shock
I'd rather Justin Bieber

Ha! I’d prefer Selena, he can be First Lady, she seems a bit brighter.

Btw, Kim Kardashian would just love to be First Lady I’m sure.

alis_al_kulana

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:05 pm
The Republicans had 17 excellent options. Sadly, they ran against Trump who turned out to be better at politics than all of them combined.
He campaigned as a populist, but he governs as a conservative. He will likely win re-election as he controls the media cycles with great skill.
Oprah has a lot to lose by running, and is a far left liberal who will seriously harm America because she will end up being a puppet for the most extreme interests.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:07 pm
And I think Ben Shapiro would make a great president. But I am not sure that it would be good for us to have a Jew in the White House.

Laiya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:09 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Strongly disagree. Donald trump ran against a highly qualified field of republicans...
I think the whole to-do about Oprah is because we've seen that anything can happen, and the most unlikely candidate is now our president. Had Donald trump not been president, I don't think anyone would be seriously considering Oprah.

Not sure we're saying different things.

After eliminating the potential runners who are/were too old, too young, or too extremist in their views, what's left, are/was "the swamp". Which the country rejected.

So I think there are fears that a typical life-long politician would not be able to defeat an incumbent Trump, especially if the country is more or less in a good place in 2020.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:11 pm
Laiya wrote:
Not sure we're saying different things.

After eliminating the potential runners who are/were too old, too young, or too extremist in their views, what's left, are/was "the swamp". Which the country rejected.

So I think there are fears that a typical life-long politician would not be able to defeat an incumbent Trump, especially if the country is more or less in a good place in 2020.

That was the republicans; their voter base was sick of the establishment and wanted something new.
I'm sure the democrats can field a candidate with experience who could beat trump. Bernie sanders would have. Joe Biden could do it. So can a few other political democrats.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:14 pm
Boca00 wrote:
And I think Ben Shapiro would make a great president. But I am not sure that it would be good for us to have a Jew in the White House.

I don't think he has the financial backing to run.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:18 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
He is worse. Trump may be immoral, bombastic, egotistical etc, but his policies (and even his tweets) follow a certain predictable pattern.
With Kanye, it would be an even wilder wild card.
He's been admitted to a psych ward! Trump may be crazy, but Kanye.... shock
I'd rather Justin Bieber

Thank you for taking the time to explain. Trump may be a little wacko in the head, but he doesn’t have an IQ of about 75. And he hasn’t been admitted to a psych ward. He doesn’t have a filter on his mouth, but he has an idea of what he’s doing even if democrats refuse to admit it. Kanye West is literally brainless,
mentally unstable person

Laiya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:20 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
You should be aware that economies are often cyclicle. We haven't had a recession in awhile and are due for one. It is certainly possible that by the time the next election cycle comes around the economy will be in recession. If that happens, Trump will have nobody to blame it on but himself. Also be aware that many of the things that Trump openly mocked Obama as a candidate, such as an inflated strong stock market and fake low unemployment rate, as president, he takes full credit and now tells us that these numbers are legitimate.

He certainly gets at least some credit for current positive changes that we're already seeing. He is working to bring back manufacturing jobs, and if plans proceed with the oil and gas pipelines, many more jobs will be created surrounding those industries as well. Of course, moving toward possibly being an energy dominant country--not just energy independent but also exporting, would be a huge plus.

We will see if the new tax changes have a direct impact on corporate hirings and offered salaries--so far it looks like that effect has already begun--as well as act as a general stimulus for the economy. The DOW is at an all time high, which reflects investor confidence.

If he tackles infrastructure, that will have long-term economic benefits as well, and also make people happy.

Cutting out useless government bloat is also good for the economy, and he has begun that process, as well.

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:46 pm
Boca00 wrote:

Ben is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too smart to run.

Also, he'd never win. He's not super charismatic or likable, especially to people less smart than he is...which is most of the country.

BTW...I love him.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:48 pm
agreer wrote:

Also, he'd never win. He's not super charismatic or likable, especially to people less smart than he is...which is most of the country.

BTW...I love him.

He’s actually very likeable in person. Very humble. Just a regular guy.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:00 pm
agreer wrote:

BTW...I love him.

I actually think he comes across as very likeable even over the screen! He also has over a million twitter followers so I can't be the only one who thinks so.

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:03 pm
Boca00, I thought what Ellen did with the audience member was a joke. It wasn’t serious, she was just trying to be funny, or maybe not?

The other incident I didn’t watch.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:12 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
Boca00, I thought what Ellen did with the audience member was a joke. It wasn’t serious, she was just trying to be funny, or maybe not?

The other incident I didn’t watch.

The look on her face makes it seem like she was dead serious. But in any case, it was way out of line, don't you think? Like who does that?!

The incident with Katy Perry was on Twitter.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:19 pm
Squishy wrote:
Are you kidding the audience members were aware of the tax? No wonder you are amother to spout such a stupid post.

Oprah was not aware. Her producers were not aware. The tax on the cars was $7000!!!. Oprah looked for people who needed the cars. Yet you are saying the audience members somehow knew this before they were given their cars.

The audience members had a choice of taking the car and paying the tax or refusing the cars. I am sure that those who couldn't afford cars had a spare $7000 to say nothing of money for tags and insurance.

Yeah, I am angry that she did this to poor vulnerable people.

Oprah is all about merchandising.

Come on. If a car is worth $7k you think the poor people who had to sell it to pay the tax came away with nothing?

I am quite right wing and not american so what I think is really irrelevant about oprah and the presidency however this 'poor vulnerable people' thing is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they came out ahead of where they were when they walked in to the show.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:21 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Trump may be a little wacko in the head, but he doesn’t have an IQ of about 75. And he hasn’t been admitted to a psych ward. He doesn’t have a filter on his mouth, but he has an idea of what he’s doing even if democrats refuse to admit it. Kanye West is literally brainless,
mentally unstable person

I think he does have a mental illness, and had a breakdown a year? ago. He isn’t brainless though, musically he is brilliant.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:22 pm
What's the story with Ellen and Andy? Why does she keep torturing him like that?

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
What's the story with Ellen and Andy? Why does she keep torturing him like that?

Are you referring to the Haunted House?

Idk, I think this is another example that Ellen's niceness is somewhat "put on" for the show, but she's not actually as nice as she seems.

Last edited by Boca00 on Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:27 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I think he does have a mental illness, and had a breakdown a year? ago. He isn’t brainless though, musically he is brilliant.

He also figured out a way to get people to purchase his T-shirts for hundreds of dollars.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:36 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Are you referring to the Haunted House?

Idk, I think this is another example that Ellen's niceness is somewhat "put on" for the show, but she's not actually as nice as she seems.
Idea

Hes always picked on or sacred or made fun of all the places she sends him called ' average andy'. Is it because hes jewish?
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics