Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Will crackers get soggy if packaged ahead?

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:17 pm
I bought takeout-type 3-section containers, and the plan is nish-nosh salad. Larger compartment lettuce, one of the half-compartments a covered cup of dressing and a bunch of grape tomatoes, and the other compartment nish-nosh crackers. Or maybe I'll mix the tomatoes with the lettuce, it's just that the big compartment is smaller and the smaller compartments bigger than I expected. Whatever.

If I pack them up either now or even the day before, and it needs to go in the fridge because of the salad, will the crackers get soggy? I'd like to do it not just because of efficiency but to make sure I have enough crackers.

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:27 pm
I would open one bag of crackers and see how many look good in the section. Then, by approximately counting the crackers, figure out by the cracker package serving size how many bags I would need. I would think the moisture from the veg would seep into the crackers causing them to soften. Not to mention, I can't imagine using up room in my refrigerator for even a modest number of shlach manos for 4 days.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:31 pm
If you shrink wrap seal the crackers first, they'll be ok. Otheriwse they'll get soggy.
I make dh Greek salad for lunch and add a sealed package of melba toast before putting it in the fridge. It does fine since it's sealed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics