Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Not sure forum or subject topic
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:10 am
My 16 year old needs a D cup bra and I'm finding it hard to get her clothing
as some blouses dresses will be very tight chest/loose waist
what can I do to about this?

I'm also randomly wondering if there was anything I did to contribute to this situation or it's just a natural predetermined like the size/shape of your nose

Ok
I'm feeling really stupid asking this and I do appreciate honest non cynical answers

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:14 am
As far as I know it's natural. When I was younger I was smaller and my sister was larger. Luck if the draw

However, regarding clothes, my sister often found success with Target's first trimester maternity stuff. That had roomier tops and slimmer bottoms.

I would buy online if you're daughter would be self conscious to be seen in that section.

ETA: also a properly fitted bra does wonders.

trixx

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:17 am
Start teaching her how to dress for her shape. Quick hint, that probably (but depends on the rest of her build) means no button downs or solid crew necks. Empower her now and you'll be setting her up for success. If you don't know enlist a fashionable friend or salesperson.

Get her properly fitted and support her in purchasing well made bras. They're expensive but crucial in making her looking good in literally everything else she wears.
http://www.thinandcurvy.com/20......html

Also sorry, you did nothing to cause this.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:21 am
Also with regards to bras, look at sister sizes

https://themelonbra.com/bra-sister-sizes/

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:33 am
A well fitted minimizer bra will help a lot.

Beyond that, I know I've always had to buy shirts a size or two larger than skirts, and I do not think I've found a dress that works well for me since I was about fourteen. And I like dressees, so it's not for want of trying.

It's about finding what suits her body best, rather than following the dictates of fashion. I was never interested in fashion, but for a teenager it can be really hard.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:46 am
Elfrida,
Fit and flare dresses work beautifully.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:54 am
No they don't.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:56 am
Ok

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:13 am
Separates will work best, but find a good seamstress to do alterations. Buy to fit the bust as taking clothes in where they’re too large is less complicated than letting them out where they’re too tight.

You’ve raised maternal guilt to new heights. Unless you pumped your dd full of female hormones in her morning cereal or forced her to undergo plastic surgery, how in the world could you have “done something “ to give her the shape she has?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:27 am
A D isn’t big. It’s a very normal size. It shouldn’t be so hard to find clothes.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:35 am
SuperWify wrote:
A D isn’t big. It’s a very normal size. It shouldn’t be so hard to find clothes.

This. I was a D to DD all through high school.

I’m so turned off by the attitude that a large bust is abnormal, shameful or less tzanua! I know girls who wore sweatshirts in 90 degree heat because the button down school uniform blouses weee so unflattering.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:52 am
Ok people
my breathing returned to normal levels
I didn't want to mention it earlier because it hurt too much
but
a relative of mine washed me down

I understood from her

a.its my fault
b.its shameful
c. my daughter will suffer for life

Even if I know this relative is dysfunctional I was thrown over

Thanks to you gals
I'm stabilized
I got some great practical ideas
Not sure how to make her feel better as a teenager between her friends but at least I have a handle on this sort of
whew!

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:35 am
If she is conscious, cardigans can help her cover up. Don't make her conscious though if she has no issue

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:45 am
Just an FYI, I am a 34DDD, since I was 15, DD1 a 32DD and DD2 a 34G.

Maybe we all function OK because we don't wear button down oxfords and have a little more freedom with dress code and lives in a diverse, accepting community.

NOBODY should be body shaming anyone. Hashem made us all in his imagine we are all different and we are all beautiful!!!!

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:57 am
My girls are all quite busty (D-G) & here's what works for us.
#1 is invest in excellent bras from a store that fits well. My joke is I spend more in the lingerie store than in clothing stores and feel like I have nothing to show for it! Truth is tho that it makes all their clothes look and fit better and they can wear things they otherwise could not. An expert fitter is super impt because everyone's shape is a little different, so different bras for different folks.
-dresses actually often work really well
-try on t-shirts, some are more accomodating in the chest area than others. We have found ones that work.
-Tops that are a little looser and them come in or tie at the waist (like a Dolman top, for example)
-Tshirts in a size up, then taken in on the seams under the bust
-Have snaps sewn into blouses between buttons so they don't gap
Please don't make a larger chest anything shameful, a little harder to fit perhaps, but a womanly shape is beautiful Smile

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:04 am
I was a 32dd from age 13, I'm now wearing a 30FF in pregnancy, but still wearing size 4 non maternity tops - my dream is to be a D cup

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:14 am
I think that part of the problem is that most clothing these days is coming from China. Chinese women tend to not have very large breasts, so the clothing is very slim cut. It's great if you are very thin or a preteen, but not too many adult Caucasian women can wear them. It's even worse for African Americans and Hispanics.

The key is to try and buy from European clothing makers. The clothing will be harder to find, and more expensive, but also tailored in an entirely different way. If you ever go to France, you can find stores that will have exactly what you need. Same thing with Italy. I'm sure there are other countries that design for the more curvy figured.

You can also try stores like Modcloth, where you can get things made to order.

It will cost more, but having clothes that fit properly and make you look good is priceless, especially when you are in your teens.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:23 am
If you know how, doing alterations on the larger sizes is possible. Also, there are optical tricks for changing the visual appearance of one's shape.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:44 am
D isn’t huge but it often feels bigger if you’re smaller.

I’m short and petite and always had a larger bust. My taller friends found clothing just fine, while I had a hard time. Proportion-wise, it’s quite large if you’re shorter.

For clothing to fit me well, I MUST wear good minimizers. Also, if possible, getting a petite dress/top and going up a size helps keep the shoulders and waistline in place.

Darts also help a lot. I usually don’t bother, but for wedding dresses I’d have them added or adjusted at the seamstress.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:48 am
I am a 32 D and sometimes DD depending on bra brand. I was big since I was young. In the Jewish bra stores they always made me feel like an elephant and I was always so ashamed for no reason. In non Jewish stores they always told me what a beautiful figure I have - go figure!

Please make sure your daughter doesn’t feel like she’s different because that’s really not big and if she feels ugly that’s terrible. Do NOT get her maternity clothes - please!

Like others pointed out a good bra is invaluable. If you are in Monsey I would suggest robe gallery. The brand va bien is great and makes you look way smaller. I wear whatever I want but yes button ups are trickier as are v necks. Dresses and tshirts are easiest.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics