Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Small Action Big Impact

lilies

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 4:39 pm
What small thing do you do that has a big impact on your day, week, life or others?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:19 pm
Once or twice when someone expressed dismay or despair over something like not managing to get things done or having aggravation from children, I’ve given a throwaway response that changed their whole POV. One woman is still kvelling over something I said to her ten or fifteen years ago. It was nothing deep, just a simple remark based on personal experience, but it made a big difference to her.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:37 pm
Love positive threads! A woman I know told me the following story. Her single granddaughter wears a wig for medical reasons. She was showing a few people pictures from an event and one picture was just her and this granddaughter. She said one of the women looked at the picture and started opening her mouth to ask about her granddaughter and then she just complimented her and didnt ask. She told me she was so floored. This women doesnt even know the kiddush hashem she made!

lilies

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 6:45 pm
Papaya and Khaki - Wow! Words are so powerful..

On a more non-inspirational note,
I throw a load in to wash right after the kids go out in the morning, it gives me a headstart on laundry for the day and I feel so accomplished Smile

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:01 pm
Wake up half hr before my kids. I love the quiet, I mediate, do yoga or daven. I love being dressed and waking them up when I’m calm and ready!

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:02 pm
drink coffee

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:13 pm
Had hard risky pregnancy ...after baby was still very very weak & sick-was long road to recovery
Had a neighbor (which she didn’t know that I wasn’t feeling well)that brought me e single day a breakfast-n/t fancy,warm scrambled eggs w kale...she had no idea what she did to me...gave me such koaches (I. Couldn’t eat it in morning b had e day a lunch which was great!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:24 pm
A fellow special needs mom got me a balloon that said "Congrats! You did it!" when I toilet trained my autistic son. It genuinely altered my world view. It got me to really see that for this child, getting this accomplished was to be celebrated like a graduation because it was a major accomplishment. And so too for any child with a challenge. And that I can and should give myself credit for all that I do, and try to recognize it in others.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:35 pm
A woman I barely knew met me and told me that she thinks if me often. Why? Cause many years ago I had given her a phone number of the chazak hotline and she still listens to it daily. She derives so much chizuk from the shiurim and personal stories that she has me in mind while listening...
I gave many more people amazing chizuk hotline numbers over the years, and people constantly come back to Thank me for it.
I'll share on great hotline number that gives me lots of inspiration and perspective in life. Thank me later...
Transformation- How to accept life's challenges and live a peaceful enjoyable life:
712 770 4865 pin: 549732#
(Live 712 770 4856 pin: 549732, Thursday 10:00am)

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 9:09 pm
I was carrying a grudge on someone , somehow that person found out and she sent me over a big breakfast, she felt bad and wanted ask forgiveness . Since my heart became lighter.

Sometimes ppl wont do anything out of snubbing u out ... and she bent and send me a breakfast , it left a big impact.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:04 am
I write poems as a creative outlet. Over the years I’ve had people ask me to write a poem of appreciation to oncologists, obstetricians, melamdim and parents etc. I’ve also had requests to write for nichum aveilim and people that had miscarriages and suffered loss etc.
I did this free of charge as a chesed for years. I have a knack for expressing the exact thoughts and feelings of the person who’s giving these poems.
I have received so much feedback that it touches my heart and soul and I just want to keep doing it.
One particular story stands out. My friend asked for a poem to give to a mother who lost her young son suddenly due to a freak accident. She told me that the woman met her months later and told her that the poem remains stuck on her fridge every day , and it’s what keeps her going . I thank Hashem for giving me this talent to be able to share it and make a difference in other people’s lives. By now I have turned it into a business. But my biggest reward is hearing the feedback from the recipients who have been touched by my words.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:09 am
Prepare cereal in bowls and ziplocks for my kids and leave out for the next day, with cups of milk in the fridge. They take their breakfast all by themselves and now I can sleep in later.

lilies

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:36 am
thunderstorm wrote:
But my biggest reward is hearing the feedback from the recipients who have been touched by my words.

You do have a way with words, I can attest to that Smile
If people would only know how powerful positive feedback is..

lilies

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:37 am
daagahminayin wrote:
Prepare cereal in bowls and ziplocks for my kids and leave out for the next day, with cups of milk in the fridge. They take their breakfast all by themselves and now I can sleep in later.

Ooooh, I love this one!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics