Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Help me with my egg-lacking omelette!

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:12 pm
I starting melting butter in the pan already when I realized I have only one egg left!

What else can I make? Can I add anything to spread the egg?

Thank you for helping me with my lunch emergency 😂

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:19 pm
I sometimes add milk, cream cheese or cottage cheese.

Plus veggies.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:20 pm
I would sautee the veggies and melt cheese on top. I would skip the egg. A local pizza place makes this on top of a pita bread and its delish.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:52 pm
Thanks for the help! I ended up sautéing some frozen spinach and added some hastily cleaned and sliced mushrooms I found in my fridge. I mixed the egg with cheese and milk and added to the veggies once they were cooked. It didn’t hold like an omelette but I then used it as a filling for a whole wheat wrap, which I fried on each side to hold. Pretty good!

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 2:55 pm
Add flour and have pancakes. Add bread, have French toast.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:00 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Thanks for the help! I ended up sautéing some frozen spinach and added some hastily cleaned and sliced mushrooms I found in my fridge. I mixed the egg with cheese and milk and added to the veggies once they were cooked. It didn’t hold like an omelette but I then used it as a filling for a whole wheat wrap, which I fried on each side to hold. Pretty good!

That sounds really yummy!

Now you know why profession chefs always insist on having the ingredients laid out in front of them before they start cooking anything.

\ ˌmē-ˌzäⁿ-ˈpläs \

Definition of mise en place: a culinary process in which ingredients are prepared and organized (as in a restaurant kitchen) before cooking

Wash and chop vegetables the night before the party: Professionals call it mise en place; we call it making life easier.
— Glamour

Mise en place is the religion of all good line cooks.
— Anthony Bourdain

also : the set of ingredients prepared using this process

The class's combined mise en place would amount to thirty-six pounds of mirepoix, big bags of all the other minces, chops, and dices …
— Michael Ruhlman

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 6:00 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
That sounds really yummy!

Now you know why profession chefs always insist on having the ingredients laid out in front of them before they start cooking anything.

\ ˌmē-ˌzäⁿ-ˈpläs \

Definition of mise en place: a culinary process in which ingredients are prepared and organized (as in a restaurant kitchen) before cooking

Wash and chop vegetables the night before the party: Professionals call it mise en place; we call it making life easier.
— Glamour

Mise en place is the religion of all good line cooks.
— Anthony Bourdain

also : the set of ingredients prepared using this process

The class's combined mise en place would amount to thirty-six pounds of mirepoix, big bags of all the other minces, chops, and dices …
— Michael Ruhlman

Haha, that’s very interesting and very true!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics