Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
2019 taxes/IRS question
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:23 pm
Did anyone still not get there refund for their 2019 taxes? We filed by mail in March 2019 , but apparently there was a missing form for healthcare and my refund is still processing. Which means I can't get stimulus checks, or file my 2020 taxes. Anyone else have this issue. There is no way to get thru to the IRS anymore. I am really lost with what to do. I have seen on the news that this has been a problem for millions of ppl. But haven't seen any solutions or advice.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:32 pm
Why can’t you file taxes for 2020?

greengrapes

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:32 pm
Yup, same thing. Very upsetting. My accountant said unfortunately there is no one to talk too. I really need the .money

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:34 pm
Try calling IRS at 7 am. Worked for me and others I know.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:43 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Why can’t you file taxes for 2020?

I wanted to file electronically this year to avoid all these issues. But when I tried I was told I needed last year's tax information, for verification. But according to IRS records my information can't be found, since it's still processing. It's like a circle you can't get out of.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:45 pm
greengrapes wrote:
Yup, same thing. Very upsetting. My accountant said unfortunately there is no one to talk too. I really need the .money

Same here. Besides regular pessach spending, we had a lot of extras that needed to be done this month, ie car insurance, life insurance and I really needed the refund to pay for it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:46 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

Thank you. I will try. Was this recently? I was able to get through a month ago , when I last called. But now no matter what number I call or what numbers I press, it goes nowhere.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wanted to file electronically this year to avoid all these issues. But when I tried I was told I needed last year's tax information, for verification. But according to IRS records my information can't be found, since it's still processing. It's like a circle you can't get out of.

You should be able to file.
You have all the information in your copy of the 2019 return.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:53 pm
You should be able to file.
You have all the information in your copy of the 2019 return.

I haven't tried yet, I was told by someone else who tried to file online with a free program that they couldn't Bec there taxes from 2019 were still processing. So I assume I would have the same issue. Maybe it was the program they used. Do u have one you use that you can recommend?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I haven't tried yet, I was told by someone else who tried to file online with a free program that they couldn't Bec there taxes from 2019 were still processing. So I assume I would have the same issue. Maybe it was the program they used. Do u have one you use that you can recommend?

I use TurboTax.
If you earn less than apx 60-70k there are IRS vita sites that can prepare and file for you at no charge.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 12:01 am
I use TurboTax.
If you earn less than apx 60-70k there are IRS vita sites that can prepare and file for you at no charge.

Thanks. I may buy turbotax, but didn't want to waste the money if it can't be filed. We are above the 70k mark.

It's just so frustrating. Punch

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 12:38 am
You can use one of the online programs to prepare the return and then it gives you an option to print it out and mail it in yourself
For that you wouldn't need the 2019 info

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

Thank you so much!
I called at 7:12 this morning and got through. And after 3 hours on phone with them. I got to at least understand what is going on with my taxes. (IRS has it documented that I was missing a paper, which I sent them, but they also show that they never notified me about the missing paper) Now hopefully we will be going in right direction.

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 2:42 pm
Exact same thing!!! I filed in March, was notified in November that I was missing a healthcare paper and sent in right away. Since then my account isn't even processing, it's just telling me to contact my tax preparer. I filed for 2020 but didn't receive my refund yet. I also didn't get my 2nd stimulus because of this. I just signed a POA with my accountant so they can contact the IRS for me. Its insane, they owe me over 10k at this point.

sari00

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 2:45 pm
Try TurboTax

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much!
I called at 7:12 this morning and got through. And after 3 hours on phone with them. I got to at least understand what is going on with my taxes. (IRS has it documented that I was missing a paper, which I sent them, but they also show that they never notified me about the missing paper) Now hopefully we will be going in right direction.

If it takes them 3 hours to help one caller, of course it's impossible to get through. That's ridiculous!

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 4:10 pm
I didn't even hear an option to speak to a representative when I called...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 4:13 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
I didn't even hear an option to speak to a representative when I called...

Call early morning. I called at 7. It was the first time in 2 weeks I was able to get through. I called the tax advocate number, not the regular IRS number.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 4:19 pm
It was interesting, they asked me if I was having a hardship, ie my house is in foreclosure or my utilities are shut off, then they could help me but otherwise they said I need to wait for it to finish processing on it's own. BH neither of those are happening. But I think she had rochmunus on me and transferred me to someone who could help. And hopefully I will see results soon.

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 6:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Call early morning. I called at 7. It was the first time in 2 weeks I was able to get through. I called the tax advocate number, not the regular IRS number.

Omg dh just brought in the mail 5 minutes agoand guess what was in there? Our 2019 tax refund check plus $60 interest!! I have no idea what happened that made it go through now. Weird that it's a check and not direct deposit. Here's to hoping that my 3rd stimulus comes as easily!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics