Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Family activities in Israel
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 12:57 pm
We're going to Israel for Pesach for the first time as a family!!!
I'm so excited. Haven't been back in years.
My kids are preschool age through early teens. Please share any ideas for great places to go with them. Besides the Kotel, Kever Rachel etc. those are definite must-dos for us.
We are adventurous and love to do unusual things. We'll be based in Yerushalayim.
Any and all advice welcome! TIA

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 1:29 pm
Ir david
Gan guru
Avrahams tent experience thing or one of the "go back in time experiences "
Chocolate factory
Rafting on Jordan (not sure if she minimum)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 3:38 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
Ir david
Gan guru
Avrahams tent experience thing or one of the "go back in time experiences "
Chocolate factory
Rafting on Jordan (not sure if she minimum)

Gan Garoo looks so cool! That’s a great suggestion that I’ve never heard of, thanks! (The others are good too Wink )

doctorima

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 4:15 pm
We love Gan Guru! Also Eretz Bereishit, Ramat Gan safari, Nimrod's Fortress, Blind Museum (check ages), Beis HaMikdash VR, Tzfas candle factory, Tel Dan, Ir David light show, Yam Hamelach, shofar factory near Kinneret - this is all pre-Covid, so check to see what's currently open and with what restrictions

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 5:12 pm
If you are in jerusalem over chol hamoed I strongly suggest to visit Hebron and maarat hamachpela (or the machpela cave in english)
Why? There are two days during chol hamoed where the yitzchak hall is open. There are very very few days of the year where it's possible for jews to be able to be in the whole machpela cave.
During chol hamoed the site is only for jews and security is extra heavy, which is great.
You get there best by going by bus from Jerusalem bus station directly to Hebron. The bus is very safe and usually soldiers there.
One of the days is packed with events and live music. The other day more quiet.
If you want to have quiet praying time, go as early as possible.
You won't regret it!

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 5:29 pm
That would be so amazing! Makes me want to go!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 6:22 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
If you are in jerusalem over chol hamoed I strongly suggest to visit Hebron and maarat hamachpela (or the machpela cave in english)
Why? There are two days during chol hamoed where the yitzchak hall is open. There are very very few days of the year where it's possible for jews to be able to be in the whole machpela cave.
During chol hamoed the site is only for jews and security is extra heavy, which is great.
You get there best by going by bus from Jerusalem bus station directly to Hebron. The bus is very safe and usually soldiers there.
One of the days is packed with events and live music. The other day more quiet.
If you want to have quiet praying time, go as early as possible.
You won't regret it!

That sounds fabulous! Thank you! And thanks doctorima for weighing in here too!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 12:17 am
Anyone else? We will have a couple of days before Yom Tov as well.

rivkam

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 12:26 am
I'll try think of ideas but just wanted to say it's so nice that everyone is able to visit again! It's been a weird two years hardly having any tourists in Israel.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 1:12 am
rivkam wrote:
I'll try think of ideas but just wanted to say it's so nice that everyone is able to visit again! It's been a weird two years hardly having any tourists in Israel.

Nothing to add to this thread, just wondering, is this the way people in Israel feel? It's nice to hear that you enjoy the tourists!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 4:31 am
Just be prepared that everyone in the whole country is on vacation during chol hamoed so everything is packed and if driving up north you will totally need to add at least an extra hour or a few for traffic.

If you want some nice hikes there's a website call hiking in Israel and you can find things off the beaten path which won't be insaley crowded.

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 4:36 am
I'm in Israel and yes I am happy that people will be allowed back in the country. It has been really hard for me that my family had to jump hoops to get here so in the end they just didn't end up coming. And I really feel for the people that had income that was affected by this. Makes me really mad when people say that people are living just fine through the pandemic. I know of at least one person that had todownsize and rent out there bigger apartment for a smaller one because her husband is a tour guide and they just couldn't make it. It also means that the world is getting back to normal and people's lives are not as much of a risk so that's another bonus. Welcome can't wait to have you all visit! Maybe just not all at once LOL

Oh forgot to give suggestions. We love going to the beach. I'm not sure if it's in every city but I know in Adhdod and I'm sure many more places there are fun boat rides. One thing I do dread is the traffic so I say try to get going early if you're able to but then again lots of other people might have the same idea.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 4:38 am
Op, this is off topic but I’m wondering where you are staying for pesach. Will you be with family? We’re trying to plan the same trip and I feel like going for pesach (needing pesach food) is so complicated.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 4:40 am
If you want to bear traffic you need to leave at like 6am/7am and come home early afternoon. At 8am or 10am everyone is leaving already.

Tiveriah, Nahariyah, Ashdod are the main places for water and boating. Again it will be insanely packed.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 4:46 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Nothing to add to this thread, just wondering, is this the way people in Israel feel? It's nice to hear that you enjoy the tourists!

Yes, of course, especially after the past two years.
Just chiming in to say traffic on Chol Hamoed can be horrendous. I’d plan your trip up north for erev YT - you can do hikes and water sports (weather should be good mid-April).
Yes Meerat Hamachpela will be packed but very memorable and meaningful.
If you can afford it, it would be amazing if if can hire a local tour guide and give Parnassa to a member of a sector of the economy that has been completely shut down for two years.
Enjoy your visit - it’s amazing to have Diaspora Jews back home.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 5:35 am
Is there some place you can stay in the North on the days you are planning activities there? As others have said, the traffic to/from the North can be heavy during Chol HaMoed, so it may be less exhausting to just sty there overnight for a few days. More time having fun, less time driving back and forth...

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 5:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone else? We will have a couple of days before Yom Tov as well.

It may be smart to visit the North *before* Pesach and avoid crowded roads and parks.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 7:06 pm
Thank you everyone! Such good food for thought. We are definitely doing some trips before YT when it’s quieter and we may book a tour guide for a day or two, I’m sure the industry got slammed over the last couple of years Sad

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 8:26 pm
Echoing what other posters have said, if it’s within your budget, rent an Airbnb or something in the north for a couple of days before Pesach. Hire a tour guide and spend a few days there. Other activities to look into - Dig for a day if they’re still doing it post Covid, sand boarding in the Negev (not really for preschool age but that was the highlight of our trip for my 6 year old).

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 10:55 pm
Some things to do:
-ROPES COURSE near Ramat Eshkol (need to make reservation in advance. its a zipline, rappelling, rock climbing and more...)
Site: https://www.challengetours.org.....D7%AA

-If you want to go to Tel Aviv, go to the escape room TLV 2048 (not a typical escape room, much more fun! shoot basketball hops, ride the zipline, climb under things...)

-Tzfas is a nice place to go and nice things to do there. (Kevarim, Shuls, glass making, candle factory, underground tunnels)

-Mini Israel (see the whole Israel in one day Smile)
https://www.minisrael.co.il/en.....rael/

-Machane Yehuda tour
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions