Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Early puberty
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:30 pm
My daughter is in second grade, she just turned 8 and she started developing breasts. She’s tiny for her age and very immature. Did anyone deal with this? I have a doctor’s appointment in a few weeks but would like to hear people’s experiences.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter is in second grade, she just turned 8 and she started developing breasts. She’s tiny for her age and very immature. Did anyone deal with this? I have a doctor’s appointment in a few weeks but would like to hear people’s experiences.
It's on the early side, but not out of the range of normal.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:46 pm
I thought my daughter was but the doctor said it was just fat not breast buds

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:47 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:

She’s very skinny and it’s nipples starting to pop out. I don’t think that’s what it is.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:58 pm
HOW TO SLOW DOWN EARLY PUBERTY WITH NATURAL REMEDIES
CHILDREN NATURAL REMEDIES https://www.davidwolfe.com/slo.....dies/

#1 – Chelation Therapy

Chelation therapy, also known as a heavy metal detox, is a good place to start. The process removes heavy metals, including mercury, from the bloodstream.

While the therapy is typically carried out using the pharmaceutical 2,3-Dimercaprol, you can perform chelation therapy on your child at home using cilantro and chlorella, which contain chelating agents that will bind to heavy metal toxins and remove them.

Cilantro acts to mobilize the toxins, while chlorella acts to carry them out of the body.

National Integrated Health Associates recommends giving your child anywhere between 9 and 24 grams of cilantro and chlorella per day to perform chelation therapy.

Creating a salad with the two ingredients that your child can eat throughout the day is a good way to start.

#2 – Vitamin D

A study from the University of Michigan School of Public Health found that girls aged 5-12 who are deficient in vitamin D are twice as likely to face early puberty than those with higher levels of the vitamin.

Sun exposure is one way to increase your daughter’s vitamin D intake to prevent and slow down early puberty. Of course, this isn’t always possible depending on where you live.

Thankfully, there are also foods you can supplement into your daughter’s diet to increase her vitamin D intake:

Fatty fish such as tuna and salmon
Orange juice
Soy milk
Cheese
Egg yolks
At this point, no clear relationship exists between vitamin D deficiency and early puberty in boys.

#3 – Probiotics

Estrogen is a natural compound that peaks in the bodies of both boys and girls during puberty.

BPA, on the other hand, is an artificial compound that mimics estrogen. Many experts blame the prevalence of BPA in everything from paper money to plastics, sporting equipment and consumer goods for the rise in early puberty.

While it would be tough to remove all traces of BPA from your child’s life, probiotics can reduce their effect on his or her development.

Probiotics can be found in the following:

Yogurt
Sauerkraut
Soft cheeses
Sourdough bread
Sour pickles
---------------------------------------------------------

Most Important - AVOID OBESITY (if possible).

Get DD involved in dance class or gymnastics - these athletes are thin and delayed puberty.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:07 pm
She’s very thin and very active

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:09 pm
Some people feel that food packaged in plastics brings on early puberty.

Also avoid soy - which is like estrogen. Unfortunately, soy powder is in most foods.

And cows and chickens are pumped with hormones that transfer to us.

Some eat only organic, no homone food, packaged in glass.

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:30 pm
I think that's considered normal honestly, because they say that from breast buds to menstruation is about 2 years, and age 10 falls within the range of normal.

Anyway, personally, I think that it's often more than 2 years from breast buds to menstruation- more like 3 years, which would put her at age 11 for menstruation- but that's just anecdotal. Trust the science, not little old me. Just kidding. Trust me, I am the science. Or something. But yeah. Let's just go with 2 to 3 years on average. (For me as a child it was 3 years. But don't tell the textbooks. My daughters are not yet post-puberty, so I can't yet comment on their time frame.)

Anyway, in my experience, sometimes puberty related changes can startle you because they seem to be progressing too quickly, and then they can slow down, and it turns out that it was just a strong headstart, but not an early finish.

But definitely speak to your pediatrician and see what he thinks. If he is concerned about precocious puberty, he will advise you on how to slow it down. I asked my pediatrician about precocious puberty at one point and was told that it was nothing to worry about.

Good Luck!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:57 pm
gold21 wrote:
I think that's considered normal honestly, because they say that from breast buds to menstruation is about 2 years, and age 10 falls within the range of normal.

Anyway, personally, I think that it's often more than 2 years from breast buds to menstruation- more like 3 years, which would put her at age 11 for menstruation- but that's just anecdotal. Trust the science, not little old me. Just kidding. Trust me, I am the science. Or something. But yeah. Let's just go with 2 to 3 years on average. (For me as a child it was 3 years. But don't tell the textbooks. My daughters are not yet post-puberty, so I can't yet comment on their time frame.)

Anyway, in my experience, sometimes puberty related changes can startle you because they seem to be progressing too quickly, and then they can slow down, and it turns out that it was just a strong headstart, but not an early finish.

But definitely speak to your pediatrician and see what he thinks. If he is concerned about precocious puberty, he will advise you on how to slow it down. I asked my pediatrician about precocious puberty at one point and was told that it was nothing to worry about.

Good Luck!

I try to tell myself all this, but then the worry creeps in.... I guess I will just have to wait and see how the doctor feels about it.

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 1:33 am
It’s definitely worth looking into slowing it down if she is tiny.

See if you can get an appointment with an endocrinologist

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 2:08 am
My daughter started developing breast buds before she was 8, and I took her to an endo. Even though it was “within normal” I was very concerned that she’s immature and getting a period at 10 is too young. Under the care of a pediatric endo, we decided to suppress using the superelin implant. We did one from 8.5 - 9.5 and the second from 9.5 till she turned 11. She just turned 11, and will prob get her period in 6 months to a year which is much more age appropriate.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 11:47 am
Delaying puberty helps children grow taller.

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 12:01 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Delaying puberty helps children grow taller.

Very true.

My daughter is quite tall, which definitely contributed to my pediatrician advising against seeing an endocrinologist for her. Either way, she falls within the range of normal. But if she were short, perhaps he would have recommended intervention. I don't know.

Anyway, from what I gather, this type of intervention is relatively common and not really something to worry about. I would have been open to seeing someone if my pediatrician had recommended it.

But anyway, yes, height is a factor, quite so.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:44 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:

I know this is an old thread but if you are still on here - how would you know if its breast buds or just fat - or is this something a doctor would need to tell you?

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:59 pm
Bumping up this thread my DD is still 6 will be 7 in 3 months and is already starting to develop. Anyone had so young?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:24 am
amother Banana wrote:
Bumping up this thread my DD is still 6 will be 7 in 3 months and is already starting to develop. Anyone had so young?

Get an appointment with an endocrinologist. You want to put her on puberty blockers sooner than later.

Statistically, the average age of puberty has gone down, which means the statistically the number of kids who are experiencing very early puberty has shot up.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:33 am
amother Banana wrote:

I had this with my daughter. We saw a pediatric endocrinologist and did an xray to look at her growth plates and predict her height. They estimated she’d end up between 5’ and 5’3” which is exactly where she should be based on her parents heights. I thought she’d get her period really early but because her height was fine and I talked to her we decided to skip Lupron. She got her period at 12!!!! . After I worried about it for years, same age I got mine. My second daughter also started developing breasts early and she 11 and still no period. So it seems like that’s just our family pattern. I also developed early.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:54 am
amother Strawberry wrote:
I had this with my daughter. We saw a pediatric endocrinologist and did an xray to look at her growth plates and predict her height. They estimated she’d end up between 5’ and 5’3” which is exactly where she should be based on her parents heights. I thought she’d get her period really early but because her height was fine and I talked to her we decided to skip Lupron. She got her period at 12!!!! . After I worried about it for years, same age I got mine. My second daughter also started developing breasts early and she 11 and still no period. So it seems like that’s just our family pattern. I also developed early.

This is so encouraging! From when best buds begin about how long typically until girl gets her period?

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:03 am
2 years

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:16 am
amother Blue wrote:
This is so encouraging! From when best buds begin about how long typically until girl gets her period?

2 years, but there’s obviously variation and that hasn’t been true for my daughters. I think that there are different stages to puberty and it can happen in stages. body hair is another indicator which has been much later for us. My daughters bone scan showed she was one year ahead of the curve, if it had been more than that and she had body hair we would have considered hormone blockers. You need more information than just breast buds.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics