Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Help an overwhelmed rebetzin
1  2  Next

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 2:55 pm
It's been a while, darlings Smile
I've been getting lots of requests to reappear around here, but I gave birth to several batches of multiples since we met last, so I've been on the busier side...

Rabbi ZZZ paskened that a woman up to 3 hours post partum is not obligated to give MM.
He's a huge meikil
(Not counting the minimal one as per halachah obvs obvs)
That's not my situation this year, since my triplets are 2 days old now already!
So absolutely no excuses for me this year!
My problem is that dear Zanvel Zevulun is super popular, and loves giving tons of mishloach manos.
Our budget's pretty tight too, with 21 tuitions to pay asoasf.
So I'm turning to you for some honest opinions.
Is it nebby to give each recipient a raisin and a grape, in a mini cellophane bag, with a purple ribbon?
My poem would be something like
May your Purim be "grape"🍇,
And may your husband never vape,
Let's focus on "raisin" happy and healthy offspring,
Enjoy my generous offering!

I can't even believe that I just uncovered yet another hidden talent of mine, poem writing!
It's just amazing and has such a beautiful flow!
Wow! I'm so awesome at poems!

Gotta run to my cooking and baking!
Hosting Zanvelicious' yeshiva on Purim, so pulling challah batch #51 out of the oven now.

Waiting for your honest opinions and compliments on my theme and poem!

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 2:57 pm
Is it a k’zayis?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:03 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Is it a k’zayis?

I agree with this- if you get the m’raglim size grapes you should be perfect. And not to mention the 18 months old can package ‘em. Question though- regarding shmittah- what happens if your kiddo smashes some raisins or try’s to decorate a mishenechnas sign with it?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:04 pm
And huge mazel tov btw!
Can’t wait to hear the names of the latest additions and also it’s amazing to see you have the poem talent too! You ROCK!

(But don’t understand the overwhelmed part- if you’re 2 days post partum you should not be SOO overwhelmed... l’m not judging btw. Just sayin’, you know?)

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:06 pm
Grapes and raisins are the same "min". You'd have to check if that's acceptable.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:09 pm
I don't understand. Last year you were telling us about the glorious range of hamentashen fillings you husband asked for. He liked the chulent filling, as far as I remember. With all the multiple batches of hamentashen you make, surely you could spare one or two for the mishloach manot?

Mazal Tov on the triplets. Have you managed to find enough Z names for them all? When is the bris? Multiples often don't have the bris on time, and a bris on Purim with all the siblings in matching themed costumes would be a wonderful simcha.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:09 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Grapes and raisins are the same "min". You'd have to check if that's acceptable.

Maybe she can do a cherry tomorrow or a craisin?

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:37 pm
Hmmm🤔
Haven't realized that grapes and raisins might "raise 🤭" some shaylos regarding 2 minim
I like the cherry and craisin idea, in a cellophane bag tied with a red ribbon of course!

Poem for that one coming right up:
I'm on a poem roll today Very Happy
May your Purim be as perfect as ice cream
With a "cherry 🍒" on top,
And your kreplach and haloopshes shall never flop,
May your cleaning lady never drive you "craisin"
And always gladly wash the dishes in your basin
A freilichen Purim,
The "cherry"ful Zingelboims

cbg

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:57 pm
Great
Now that MM is all squared away
I’d love to hear about your Seuda menu

Are women invited
Maybe in a seperate apartment
Can I join in the fun 🤩

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 4:07 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Maybe she can do a cherry tomorrow or a craisin?

I actually meant a cherry TOMATO 🍅 or a craisin to take the place of the raisin 🤦‍♀️.
But y’know what? Your cherryfull/cheerful poem is great. Though I liked the vape part in the grape theme. Can you possibly do a combo or is that too much? I mean I’m sure you can quickly type it up while simultaneously nursing 2 out of the 3 babes.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 4:09 pm
Another thing I just thought about regarding the 🍒 - peas in a pod might be more applicable to your family theme since you don’t seem to have twins. Do you?

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 4:16 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
I actually meant a cherry TOMATO 🍅 or a craisin to take the place of the raisin 🤦‍♀️.
But y’know what? Your cherryfull/cheerful poem is great. Though I liked the vape part in the grape theme. Can you possibly do a combo or is that too much? I mean I’m sure you can quickly type it up while simultaneously nursing 2 out of the 3 babes.

I'm glad you enjoyed the vape part,
My next line was gonna be
"And may your kinderlach never undergo r@pe"
But I thought it might be triggering and maybe slightly inappropriate for a mm poem
But I'd love to hear your input

scruffy

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 4:25 pm
Why only triplets this time? Disappointing.

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 4:48 pm
A raisin and a grape are not two different foods, but two different forms of the same food, so you wouldn't be yotze. But a grape and an orange segment would work.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 5:06 pm
Thank you for this topmom!
Compared to the other thread I was just writing on this is a breath of fresh air!

But inquiring want to know: what do the tablecloths for your Purim seudah look like? Are you "just" using your Shabbos tablecloth or do you embroider different ones for each chag? Maybe your big kids can help--I'm sure they were inspired by last week's Parsha.

dena613

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 5:14 pm
Hahaha rebetzin zzzz!!!

I'm so happy you came out of hibernation (I mean, taking care of all the multiples!).

So good to hear from you!

You need more ideas of words to rhyme with grape?
There's escape... Crepe... Drape...

Enjoy the raisin And the grape...
Nah, I like the vape line.

But I am surprised that your husband the choshuve tzaddik allows you to give such small MM. Maybe he needs to meditate a little more and help you think of a better idea.

Actually, here's an idea. Put some pretzels and bissli in a baggie and write a poem

Here's some pretzel and bissli too
Yup, it's mishloach Manos for you
I don't have time, this poem is through
Cuz I'm makpid on the mizva of pru urvu!! LOL

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 6:31 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Is it a k’zayis?

Why not add an ACTUAL zayis just to be sure? If you pick them now you should be able to have them pickled by next week.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 6:50 pm
Cherries?? Are you a millionaire?
Even if you are, you shouldn't be flaunting your wealth with such expensive Shalach Monos. And then people complain about tuition, nebach.

But I have an amazing idea how about a raisin and a chocolate chip? That would be balanced something for the healthy people and something for the normal people!

And you could write:
Here's something yummy and brown
To take away your Purim frown
You can eat this yummy nosh
Or use it to fill a hamantash!

P.S.
You can use old brown shoelaces instead of ribbon and put it in a paper bag if you're on a tight budget
Oops I meant a shoestring budget

dena613

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 7:01 pm
Ooooh. I love the brown theme.
somehow no one ever chooses brown!!

and add the shoestring into the poem!!! Totally!

This MM has everything
From paper bag down to shoe string
As brown and simple as can be
He'esharti es Avraham ani???

Yknow that way the poem includes some Tanach, even if it doesn't relate to Purim, and even though the possuk is written out of order, poetic license...

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 7:02 pm
I am in awe!
Nursing multiples when your other little ones are---what?---only 9 months old? Sextuplets, if I recall correctly?

I agree with the poster above, who recommended hamantaschen (homemade, of course); and never mind the embroidered tablecloth; Reb ZZZ deserves a tablescape, replete with papier-macher figurines of all the actors in the story, as well as hand-embroidered gowns for Queens Esther and Vashti!

Love the original poem, by the way, although vaping not so much.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics