Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Overwhelmed

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:33 pm
I feel so overwhelmed at the moment. Bath and bedtime take forever. I am running between rooms like a maniac. Every one needs something else and can't fall asleep without it. Literally 1 hour of running from room to room. And if I ignore them or tell them no they scream and yell so it's just not worth it. What am I doing wrong???

salt

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:21 am
Lower your expectations.
An hour of bedtime isn't so bad.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:24 am
salt wrote:
Lower your expectations.
An hour of bedtime isn't so bad.

Was about to say that. We need 2 hours on average, sometimes more.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:27 am
To me it sounded like OP was having a hard time with the running back and forth between the rooms 'like a maniac'. It didn't seem like it was the amount of time that's so overwhelming, but what she's doing during that time.
Wish I had suggestions, but I have an only child so never did that. Bedtime can def take a while tho.

salt

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:30 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
To me it sounded like OP was having a hard time with the running back and forth between the rooms 'like a maniac'. It didn't seem like it was the amount of time that's so overwhelming, but what she's doing during that time.
Wish I had suggestions, but I have an only child so never did that. Bedtime can def take a while tho.

So she should walk calmly back and forth between rooms like a gentle breeze on a warm summer day, breathing deeply, but she should expect it to be a while.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:31 am
I so so so much know how that goes! I try to predict and remember everything they will want and need so I can’t get it ready when we begin but it’s a lot to do and remember. How old are they?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:10 am
How old are your kids? If you can, bathe them all together. It saves time and they have fun.

You do have to teach your kids to accept no from you. It can be hard, but it’s an important skill. If you’re pulled in all directions, try a visual timer. Each kid can read in bed for fifteen minutes on their own so the others can have mommy time. Reward them if they make it to the end of the timer. Sticker charts might help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics