Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pack in plays
1  2  Next

raizy

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 1:17 pm
pack in play is good for a child for one or two nights but not for life.. that not a comfartable place for a child to sleep in. what is this world coming too.... same goes for a porta crib. it is good for a baby till 3 or 4 months tops why do some parents put kids in them and why dont they just give them a good crib...

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 1:28 pm
Raizy, I think that is a personal opinion..and I don't think the world is coming to a end because people let their babies or toddlers sleep in a pack and play. I know some kids who perfer sleeping on the floor, and whats the difference?

buba123

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 2:05 pm
Raizy - You're so cute!! I'm sometimes like that. I get all riled up about such things and I tell dh about it all the time. Bottom line I agree with Rochel Leah. As long as nobody's being abused you have to grin and bear it. My dh tells me I'll be the worst shvigger ever - I have opinions about these things and sometimes have to bite my tongue not to say anything.

cindy324

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 2:21 pm
Happens to be that we use a pack and play for our one year old when we go away overnight, and she loves it in there, plenty of room, it's really not as small as it looks. AND my frien d has a 4year old , who loves to sleep in those things when they go to a hotel. At home she sleeps in a regular bed, but when she finds out they're going to a hotel, it's "YEAY porta-crib"!

zigi

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 2:31 pm
my big crib took over my bedroom couldn't open the door properly.so now my dd sleeps in a porta crib in my room it has a good mattres its just smaller than a regular crib. my son is in the other crib he's not ready for a bed yet

nicole81

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 2:42 pm
I have never heard from any doctor that using a packnplay repeatedly is hazardous. in fact, if my doctor told me that it was fine for my baby to sleep in her infant carrier for 4 months, then I can't imagine that a pack n play would be problematic at all.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 5:31 pm
I already answered the original posting in the other thread, but....
my 16 month old is perfectly comfy in his portacrib. Is your bed big enough to fit 3 of you height wise? of course not! so why MUST a crib? He has enough room to lay - and he's tall for his age. also some toys in there.
so why not??

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 5:51 pm
GUILTY!!!!

Yes I am guilty of this. We had our first 2 close together and I didn't feel like investing in another crib. So my second has been in the packnplay for about 6 months and before that he slept in my bed. We are on our way to get our first into his own bed. But I don't think that putting a child in a packnplay is so abusive.

I think there are more important things that I work on to make sure my son is well takin care of. There are many things that I think other mothers do that in a way are not the best mothering. This is defintly not one of them.

Can you tell me what horrible effects sleeping in a packnplay will do to my son.

Rivk

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:47 pm
Well, there are some horrible effects it can have on your back! Twisted Evil Seriously, I don't know how anyone picks their baby up from so low down in the pack and play without pulling out their backs! Maybe it's just me with my big chubby babies.

cindy324

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 12:33 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I have never heard from any doctor that using a packnplay repeatedly is hazardous. in fact, if my doctor told me that it was fine for my baby to sleep in her infant carrier for 4 months, then I can't imagine that a pack n play would be problematic at all.

Yep , all my kids spent a couple of months in those infant carriers. They just slept better there while they were newborns. I guess it's something about the tight coziness of it.

happymom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 12:38 pm
I think after nine months babies feel much more comfortable in a big crib then porta crib!!! They like it better and feel less "trapped' thats what ive seen...

raizy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 10:42 pm
happymom u are right . only my darling outgrew it bye 3 months. and slept better in a big crib...

also would u want to sleep in such a thin mattress.

and as I said going away for a few days then it is o.k. to use. I use them all the time when I go on vacation traveling...

1stimer

Post Sat, Nov 19 2005, 2:12 pm
my son sleeps in a porta-crib. He scrunches himself up into a tiny corner of the crib, for that I should buy him a big crib?!?!

happymom

Post Sat, Nov 19 2005, 9:39 pm
I just think older babies like big cribs better. But 1stimer, u can do what u want Smile

hisorerus

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 2:24 am
Raizy, the thick mattresses in baby cribs aren't exactly soft- they're not supposed to be. I wouldn't want to sleep in them, but neither would I want to sleep without a pillow or blanket, as doctors recommend. I don't kids are being abused or deprived by sleeping in a pack & play or port-a-crib... or even on the floor, when they crash there! Wink

1stimer

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 1:30 pm
thanks for ur permission happymom Wink

shayna82

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 2:01 pm
I personally dont see what the problem is with letting a kid sleep in the pack n play as a bed.. as long as its a good mattress and in a safe place, no problem.. I might have to do that soon as my 6 month old is starting to get activein his cradle, and hes not sleeping the night yet, so hes gota be with us.. so ill just pull in the pack n play and ta da,

happymom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 7:28 pm
ima little confused... I didndt see anywhere in this thread that putting a child in packnplay is abusive. It seems many people disagree with it but noone said its abuse! am I missing something?

raizy

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 10:47 pm
I never said abuse I said its not comfortable for a baby to sleep there for a long period of time...

"that my story and I am sticking to it"

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 10:05 am
We can all have opinions raizy. You have the right to your opinion but we can disagree and its OK.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics