Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  1  2  3  29  30  31  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:54 pm
Anyone have any update about this new development. DH and I are seriously considering it. We've seen the website and videos, but we feel we need more info.
About the crowd. And just general info please.
TIA

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:10 pm
What is this a spin off of?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone have any update about this new development. DH and I are seriously considering it. We've seen the website and videos, but we feel we need more info.
About the crowd. And just general info please.
TIA

If you can be more specific about questions you have. General info is on their site.
The crowd I have met at the gathering is normal people from many chasides’en and communities.
You can also contact them directly and ask.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:28 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
If you can be more specific about questions you have. General info is on their site.
The crowd I have met at the gathering is normal people from many chasides’en and communities.
You can also contact them directly and ask.

Is it fine chassidish people?
When is Phase 1 truly happening?
How many families already fully committed?
Which shops will there be?

Im chassidish. Not ultra. Not modern.
Fine Vein.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it fine chassidish people?
When is Phase 1 truly happening?
How many families already fully committed?
Which shops will there be?

Im chassidish. Not ultra. Not modern.
Fine Vein.

Yes that's the gist of the crowd that I got (was around 50-70 ppl). I obviously didn't talk to all off them but overall didn't look chanyukt or zichen zich bessere gliken. All kinds headgear, flip phones, smartphones...

Supposed to be done end of summer this year. No clue if it's really happening. They are building infrastructure already. They say the way it works there is that building the houses can be done in I think 6 months.

Last I heard was around 200 deposits. It's probably more now. Though not all of these will end up signing contracts. (It's refundable)

All basic that's needed in a community far from established ones.

That's the kind of people I want there!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:58 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Yes that's the gist of the crowd that I got (was around 50-70 ppl). I obviously didn't talk to all off them but overall didn't look chanyukt or zichen zich bessere gliken. All kinds headgear, flip phones, smartphones...

Supposed to be done end of summer this year. No clue if it's really happening. They are building infrastructure already. They say the way it works there is that building the houses can be done in I think 6 months.

Last I heard was around 200 deposits. It's probably more now. Though not all of these will end up signing contracts. (It's refundable)

All basic that's needed in a community far from established ones.

That's the kind of people I want there!

Yes. I can't stand wannabes.
You're saying not sure it will happen. Is it still up to there?
That's the problem; not all who gave deposits are actually committed.
Basically, its pretty risky.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:05 pm
I'm one of the families that gave a deposit. Went to the meet up afew weeks ago and I was extremely impressed with the crowd. A real nice mix of all kinds. I did not see anyone that was trying to run away from the system or rebel. Really decent people. I'm so excited and can't wait to actually move iyh. I hope it will actually be ready for Sukkos like they said.

hummingbird1

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:22 pm
Omg I would love to hear more! Would any of you who actually signed up PM me?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:24 pm
How do you hear about this?
Is it only chassidish families?

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:36 pm
amother Plum wrote:
How do you hear about this?
Is it only chassidish families?

Phase 1 is geared for Chasidish people. Meaning the cheder/school will be teaching in Yiddish and English.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:41 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
I'm one of the families that gave a deposit. Went to the meet up afew weeks ago and I was extremely impressed with the crowd. A real nice mix of all kinds. I did not see anyone that was trying to run away from the system or rebel. Really decent people. I'm so excited and can't wait to actually move iyh. I hope it will actually be ready for Sukkos like they said.

Which one did you go to? Monsey?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes. I can't stand wannabes.
You're saying not sure it will happen. Is it still up to there?
That's the problem; not all who gave deposits are actually committed.
Basically, its pretty risky.

Why? The deposit is refundable if it ends up being different than you expected, and you don't close until you know how many people are seriously ready to close.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:46 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Which one did you go to? Monsey?

No. Boro Park

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:48 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:

Yeah.
I wish though they would give more updates.
One major hold back I am still having is that due to certain circumstances non of the current layouts will work for me. He said they are redoing layouts (again!) And will probably be able to accommodate. So still waiting for updated plans. With the current ones I can't see it working for us.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:49 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
No. Boro Park

So we both got the same impression at different events Thumbs Up 👍

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:50 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
What is this a spin off of?

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:55 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Yeah.
I wish though they would give more updates.
One major hold back I am still having is that due to certain circumstances non of the current layouts will work for me. He said they are redoing layouts (again!) And will probably be able to accommodate. So still waiting for updated plans. With the current ones I can't see it working for us.

I'm happy to hear they can make it work for you. That's great! To be honest, anything and I do mean anything is a major upgrade for us. We live in a tiny apt with 5 kids in BP. I wasn't particular over the layouts. I think we decided we like 'The Villa' best.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:59 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
I'm happy to hear they can make it work for you. That's great! To be honest, anything and I do mean anything is a major upgrade for us. We live in a tiny apt with 5 kids in BP. I wasn't particular over the layouts. I think we decided we like 'The Villa' best.

Well I'm still waiting to see if they can accommodate!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:23 am
amother Magnolia wrote:

The joke is I'm newish to this site.
Kept on seeing Threads titled S/o.
I thought it stood for Someone. As in someone please answer my questions.
Basically you taught me what S/o really stands for.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:25 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Why? The deposit is refundable if it ends up being different than you expected, and you don't close until you know how many people are seriously ready to close.

I meant risky as in a risky endeavor. Like, will it really take off and happen?
Page 1 of 31   1  2  3  29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating