Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Storing ground almonds

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 4:45 am
I kept my closed packs of ground almond from last year, in my pessach cupboard. And not in a fridge or freezer.
Can I still use it this year?
Is still good if it was stored in a cupboard in its closed original packaging?

Ruchi

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:25 am
. As long as the date is still valid and it wasn't exposed to heat, it should be fine to use

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:12 am
If the bb date is still good it’s fine.
Nuts smell very rancid when they’re off. You’ll know right away when you open the pkg.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:13 am
For the future I would recommend to store in the fridge. Better than in a cupboard.

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:55 am
It is very likely that they will no longer be good. You need to actually taste them to make a judgment but do err on the side of caution and possibly compare the taste to fresh almonds. It is not bargain to go to all of the work and effort to bake and have less than optimal results because of bad ingredients.

Almond flour needs to be in the freezer (as do all nuts) if you are going to store for a long period of time. However, a year is a long time to freeze nuts and so they wouldn't be peak even if frozen.

In the future just use the nuts after Pesach as there are many foods which use almond flour which are chometz because they also contain flour.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:46 am
I would open it, smell it, and taste it. Make sure it tastes as it should, and not bitter/rancid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics