Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Coronation king Charles III
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Elfrida

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:24 pm
sequoia wrote:

Harry didn’t talk to anyone, it seems.

It was such a LONG ceremony. I wonder if Charles and Camilla wore depends? Smile

I don't know about officially, but Harry was certainly chatting to other members of the family while they were waiting.

I did read a comment about coronation ceremonies being timed to test the strength of the average bladder! Most people had to get there at least an hour or two before the ceremony started. I saw a comment in one of the newspapers about how this lead to the best dressed queue for the bathrooms that he had ever seen. Along with some musings about the mechanics of using the bathrooms while in full ceremonial dress.

Fave

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:37 pm
tigerwife wrote:
The Alexander McQueen crowns worn by Kate and Charlotte were the best part of the coronation #UnpopularOpinion

I wish I could have seen Kate’s gown. Was mostly covered by the robe.

OBnursemom

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:57 pm
Fave wrote:
I wish I could have seen Kate’s gown. Was mostly covered by the robe.

There was one picture of her shoes and the bottom of her dress when she lifted it to walk inside.

Fave

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:46 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
There was one picture of her shoes and the bottom of her dress when she lifted it to walk inside.

Not enough to quench my thirst

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:52 pm
Oh I got a sense of malchus when I was watching the coronation, despite the overflowing xtian broohaha, I loved it.
Oh who enjoyed the clumsiness of putting the crown on?

octopus

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:53 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Oh I got a sense of malchus when I was watching the coronation, despite the overflowing xtian broohaha, I loved it.

Yes, this was my only reason to see pictures of the coronation. To get a sense of malchus. It really is quite awesome.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 2:10 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:

I liked the anointing. When they took away the screens and it was like… wow. Kneeling in just a shirt.

DreamerForever

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:02 pm
mzybas wrote:
Who thinks Eugenie could have walked out of Stamford Hill?

LOL LOL

Spot on! With a hat on her 'sheitel' too!!

DreamerForever

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:08 pm
It was all so amazingly awesome!

We were hoping we'd be able to spot the flypast planes around 2:35pm as their route was apparently close to us. I'm pretty sure I heard the roar of the engines, but saw nothing.

iyar

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:11 pm
octopus wrote:
Yes, this was my only reason to see pictures of the coronation. To get a sense of malchus. It really is quite awesome.

That’s interesting.
I don’t get much sense of The Real Malchus when I see these things. Especially because I know it’s just a show and he has no power.
I have that feeling of awe of malchus much more when I hike somewhere and watch a sunset or look up at stars in a very dark sky.
I like seeing the coronation pictures for the clothes.
They didn’t disappoint.

DallasIma

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:42 pm
Thought this would make everyone laugh!

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 4:22 pm
What was interesting to me as well was to see the royal representatives from all over the world. It’s interesting how modernity has turned us all the same. When you read a fairytale with this kind of representation of different kingdoms, the contrasting ethnic dress is fascinating. But all of the royals today look the same, whether African, Asian or European.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 4:23 pm
tigerwife wrote:
What was interesting to me as well was to see the royal representatives from all over the world. It’s interesting how modernity has turned us all the same. When you read a fairytale with this kind of representation of different kingdoms, the contrasting ethnic dress is fascinating. But all of the royals today look the same, whether African, Asian or European.

Not really.

Did you see the outfits from Bhutan?

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 4:31 pm
sequoia wrote:
Not really.

Did you see the outfits from Bhutan?

No but I looked them up now, thanks!
Interesting. I suppose very few foreign royals were posted last night. I found an article now with more photos. Fascinating.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/.....2023/

Ruchi

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 5:06 pm
DreamerForever wrote:
It was all so amazingly awesome!

We were hoping we'd be able to spot the flypast planes around 2:35pm as their route was apparently close to us. I'm pretty sure I heard the roar of the engines, but saw nothing.

We saw 2 choppers. That was the sound of the roar.

Congresswoman

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 5:19 pm
I just don’t get it.

The whole fanfare sounds ridiculous to me.
Katherine looks like a typical pretty woman.
Everyone’s dresses look like typical expensive attire.
They look like regular people wearing funny cloaks.
It’s all an elaborate show which has no real meaning or impact.
(She moved her leg this way! He twitched his nose that way! They both Messed their hair in opposite ways!)
Everyone is oohing and aahing because the media creates all this buzz.

apparently I’m not classy enough.

imaamy

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 5:27 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
m

Yeah did they not make sure it would fit well before? And Camilla pushing her hair out of the way repeatedly? Not so smooth.

zaq

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:00 am
Pandabeer wrote:
England actually has their own religion and own pope like figure. they got away from Christianity when the pope didn't allow King Henry to divorce his wife

No. They split off from Catholicism. Anglicanism (aka Church of England) is a Protestant denomination, iow a flavor of Christianity. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the top clergyman and thus the Anglican equivalent of the Pope. They have fewer "bells and smells" than Catholicism and don't require their clergy to remain celibate the way Catholicism does, but they are very much Christian. In fact, part of the coronation regalia is the cross-topped golden orb, which symbolizes both the monarch's power and the Christian world. And let's not forget that a big part of British imperialism included converting the natives of conquered territories to Christianity.

Elfrida

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:21 am
imaamy wrote:
m

Yeah did they not make sure it would fit well before? And Camilla pushing her hair out of the way repeatedly? Not so smooth.

They did adjust the crowns to fit in advance, but when you get five pounds of gold and jewels stuck on your head, you need the balance to be right as well as the fit.

In Camilla's case, she also wanted to be sure the crown wasn't pushing her hair into her eyes. Charles, lacking much hair, didn't gave that problem!

zaq

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:33 am
When I see Charles, I don't see Malchut. I see an aging playboy, commitment-phobe, and adulterer.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics