Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Coronation king Charles III
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Ruchi

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 4:20 am
WhatFor wrote:
Who does?

Please clarify, I'm not sure what you are asking

WhatFor

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 5:08 am
Ruchi wrote:
Please clarify, I'm not sure what you are asking

Apologies if I was unclear. You wrote

Ruchi wrote:
The Charedi community have their own separate government representation .

The Parliament Members , Ministers and other elected officials all know that the CR is not affiliated nor represents the Charedi community.

I'm asking who the chareidi government representatives are.

Ruchi

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 5:11 am
WhatFor wrote:
I'm asking who the chareidi government representatives are.

The UOHC , Yoel Friedman, Shloime Sinitzky ....

DrMom

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 5:12 am
Ruchi wrote:

Were they invited?

Ruchi

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 5:19 am
DrMom wrote:
Were they invited?

They wouldn't get invited and nor have the CR's representatives in Government affairs been invited.

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 5:20 am
Ruchi wrote:

I would consider them ashkans and not representative of the government or the monarch. You are totally right that the United synagogue (the chief rabbi is always a rav of the United Synagogue) is not the Rav where most of the chareidi world is going to in England. I married under the Federation, if I would live in London I would seek a federation shul, a federation rav etc etc. Yet how I admire Rav Zimmerman and other rabbonim and dayanim in the UK they are not appointed by the King/goverment as a representative of the Jewish UK/commonwealth, rabbi Mirvis is.

Ruchi

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 5:24 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I would consider them ashkans and not representative of the government or the monarch. You are totally right that the United synagogue (the chief rabbi is always a rav of the United Synagogue) is not the Rav where most of the chareidi world is going to in England. I married under the Federation, if I would live in London I would seek a federation shul, a federation rav etc etc. Yet how I admire Rav Zimmerman and other rabbonim and dayanim in the UK they are not appointed by the King/goverment as a representative of the Jewish UK/commonwealth, rabbi Mirvis is.

Yes. Rav Zimmerman is amazing. A true leader.. It was a real great loss for the Gateshead community when he left to join the Feds.

Ruchi

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 5:25 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:

Correct. They are representatives in government matters, for the charedi community.

boysrus

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 8:58 am
Ruchi wrote:

who are those two men you mentioned? what is their role?

s1

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 6:53 pm
Anyways…. Have watched a bit of the footage from today and wow, us Brits are so good at the pomp and ceremony! It is amazing to watch 👑

sequoia

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 7:02 pm
The kiss was sweet.

OBnursemom

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 9:59 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Without any disrespect, the Chief Rabbi does not represent the charedi community.

Britain is lucky enough that the Chief Rabbi is Orthodox and not something else. Don’t take it for granted. The CR himself said he consulted the London Bais Din before responding to the invitation.

Ruchi

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 10:19 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Britain is lucky enough that the Chief Rabbi is Orthodox and not something else. Don’t take it for granted. The CR himself said he consulted the London Bais Din before responding to the invitation.

My comment was as an aside. Nothing to do with the CR going inside to the church ceremony

sequoia

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 9:03 am
Camilla is really the epitome of “keep calm and play the long game.” After everything that happened, she was crowned Queen, with all her loved ones — kids, grandkids, sister, best friend, even ex-husband — there to celebrate with her.

Prince George was adorable as one of the pages.

Harry didn’t talk to anyone, it seems.

It was such a LONG ceremony. I wonder if Charles and Camilla wore depends? Smile

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:02 am
The Alexander McQueen crowns worn by Kate and Charlotte were the best part of the coronation #UnpopularOpinion

goldfish1

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:07 pm
I loved Charlotte's look! so cute how they all wore white.

mzybas

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:07 pm
Who thinks Eugenie could have walked out of Stamford Hill?

sequoia

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:15 pm
So pregnant. Poor girl.

s1

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:16 pm
mzybas wrote:
Who thinks Eugenie could have walked out of Stamford Hill?

Lady Louise Windsor (Edward’s daughter) was also wearing a beautiful tznius frum dress!

iyar

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 3:20 pm
sequoia wrote:
Camilla is really the epitome of “keep calm and play the long game.” After everything that happened, she was crowned Queen, with all her loved ones — kids, grandkids, sister, best friend, even ex-husband — there to celebrate with her.

Prince George was adorable as one of the pages.

Harry didn’t talk to anyone, it seems.

It was such a LONG ceremony. I wonder if Charles and Camilla wore depends? Smile

Her ex was there?
Ha!
I had no idea.
Thanks Sequoia for this lovely tidbit.
How very British.

I thought George, Charlotte and Louis were all adorable. The monarchy has many detractors but at least they produce cute progeny. What happens when they grow up can go either way. I guess like ordinary humans.

Last edited by iyar on Sun, May 07 2023, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics