Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
How are you a better Jew every day?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:37 pm
Looking for some inspiration over here. I'm a young mother who finds it hard to focus on climbing my spiritual ladder during the daily grind.

How do you make a conscious effort be a better Jew? A better version of yourself?

I'd love to hear about concrete ways you work on yourself. I have goals but find it difficult to break them down. "I try to be more patient" is a bit too vague.

Please share!

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:49 pm
Hi.. I do partners in Torah and oorah and I love it.. I have to say it’s not for everyone.. but for me I love it so much.. I’m learning more from my Torah mates than I did in all my school years..
In a way to be a better person, I’d just start small, and make it bigger.. do you enjoy baking, bake for a person who can use a real pick me up, or for someone new to the neighborhood, like having company, have over a lonely lady, or man for a Shobbos Seudah, do you have time to daven, add another Tefillah..
I have many more ideas if you may need

TravelHearter

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:55 pm
I’m ‘supposed’ to read/learn different things, work on different areas. Meaning that’s what I want to do.
But practically- I just try to push myself to be a better person. Being a mother BH challenges me in many moments throughout the day. In each moment I try to push myself. You can become a better person just by doing that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:06 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Hi.. I do partners in Torah and oorah and I love it.. I have to say it’s not for everyone.. but for me I love it so much.. I’m learning more from my Torah mates than I did in all my school years..
In a way to be a better person, I’d just start small, and make it bigger.. do you enjoy baking, bake for a person who can use a real pick me up, or for someone new to the neighborhood, like having company, have over a lonely lady, or man for a Shobbos Seudah, do you have time to daven, add another Tefillah..
I have many more ideas if you may need

Great ideas!
I always thought to try out partners in torah but when they ask if I am a "learner" or a "teacher" I get stuck. Curious what you chose and why.

I like how you focus on your natural talents and try to apply them to being a better person. I was so talented back in high school but I feel like a I lost it. I have to really think about areas where I can make a difference.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:07 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
I’m ‘supposed’ to read/learn different things, work on different areas. Meaning that’s what I want to do.
But practically- I just try to push myself to be a better person. Being a mother BH challenges me in many moments throughout the day. In each moment I try to push myself. You can become a better person just by doing that.

Thanks for answering. Yes, I should also learn a little bit every day. I've definitely been told that it really helps with personal growth.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:15 pm
Hi I chose teacher Bc I like to learn from others.. they are teaching me so much and I gain a ton.. it’s mamish an amazing feeling.. each of them teaches me in their own ways.. they are so inspiring and we even built friendships which is great 😍😊🥰
And you didn’t lose your talents.. they are still in you waiting for you to open them up.. they are amazing presents that HaShem have just for you and only you.. I’m sure there’s a lot of wonderful things 😍
Hatzlocha

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:25 pm
Every little thing counts.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Great ideas!
I always thought to try out partners in torah but when they ask if I am a "learner" or a "teacher" I get stuck. Curious what you chose and why.

I like how you focus on your natural talents and try to apply them to being a better person. I was so talented back in high school but I feel like a I lost it. I have to really think about areas where I can make a difference.

If you have at least a day school education, you're a teacher. There are so many who know so little...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational