Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Smoke detector never beeps!!!!

daredevil

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 4:23 pm
Even when something is burning. It's brand new we ith new batteries. Is this normal?

ysydmom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 4:27 pm
I actually just tested my smoke detectors earlier today to make sure they work I kept asking DH and gave up so I asked DS who is quite handy to check them out and B"H now I have two working ones.

For your detectors that aren't going off I would suggest getting a new one you can get one for under $20 or call the company you got yours from and see if they can help over the phone. Maybe they can send you a free replacement.

This should be pinned as reminder for everyone to check their detectors.

Thank you for posting!!!!

daredevil

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 4:29 pm
This is a brand new one. When I press the test button it does beep but doesn't beep when I'm cooking

bakingmom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 5:25 pm
My smoke detectors in the kitchen are kitchen ones that only go off of there is smoke and heat. The rets of the house goes off when there is just smoke, but to avoid the whole street knowing when I burnt dinner, it does not go off for just smoke. Maybe yours are the same.

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 5:37 pm
Some newer ones don't go off from cooking. They can differentiate between cooking and fire/actual smoke.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 5:38 pm
You can have mine! It woke me up at 5am - beep- beep- beep and it was a new battery!
Woke up dh because I couldn’t reach it. He took out the battery and it still beeped!
I’m so tired today 🥱

It’s not supposed to beep when you cook. Only if there’s smoke.

daredevil

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 5:45 pm
I'm just looking to hear from others here that theirs don't beep either when they cook. My old one used to beep anytime I burnt something

ocean blue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 6:05 pm
Mine doesnt beep from regular cooking and burnt food either. Only when oil from a kugel dripped in my oven and my whole house filled with smoke did it beep (I was outside then and didnt realize until the alarm went off).

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 6:17 pm
There are different types of smoke detectors. Check if yours uses photoelectric technology. This type of smoke detector is good at detecting smoldering fires and doesn't get triggered every time something burns in the oven.
(The other type is called ionization smoke detectors. That type is good at detecting flaming fires. There are also dual sensor smoke detectors, which use both technologies.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars