Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Ayn hara and hallucinations???

grilledcheese

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:58 pm
I'm really embarrassed to mention this anywhere else but for the last several days every single time I wake up from sleep/nap/etc I've been seeing spiders very vividly that fade away after a few seconds. The first time it happened I was terrified because I thought it just crawled away and searches for it for a long time (looked up the markings and it was a black widow, which I didn't know anything about markings of different spiders) but now every time I see it it's like my breath gets knocked away even though I know it's not really there.

Can this be related to some ayn hara? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any advice??? Anyone I should speak to or does it go away on its own? I've never had anything remotely similar happen to me before, no history of mental health problems or hallucinations...it has happened 5 or 6 times in a row whenever I wake up from any kind of sleep .

Mermaidinexile

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:59 pm
I used to have the same exact thing. I'm pretty sure that spider hallucinations are stress related. Nothing to do with ayin hara.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:01 pm
Seems like this could be a type of sleep paralysis?

https://www.cnet.com/health/fe.....fine/

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:04 pm
It can be that you’re just tired.. please don’t worry..

searching4

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:21 pm
It's more common than you think! I remember there was a post on Imamother about this a while back. Try searching for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics