Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to get rid of bees/wasp/hornets

HakolTov

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:30 pm
We recently got rid of a nest and now the bees/wasp/hornet or whatever it is still flies around. I admit, I have a huge fear of it and am desperately looking for ideas of tried and true ways to get rid of them.

I honestly don't know what species they are or if they sting or not, since I probably won't be able to be calm enough when they're around to check. I also don't want to be busy trying to differentiate each time, in case it's something different.

Any tips or tricks for the desperate ima???

Orangehead

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:34 pm
I find you need to destroy the nest and then spray it. Sometimes you need to spray a few days in a row. You can do it at dusk when they are less active

Last edited by Orangehead on Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:37 pm
I sprayed daily, then every other day, then biweekly till gone.

HakolTov

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:13 pm
So DH did spray and try to destroy the nest but taht was in front of our house and now the remaining bees fly to the back.... is there a trap or specific method to make sure that they don't fly to the back?

balabusta

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:42 am
Just killed a wasp nest with Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed with water in STRONG spray bottle ( jet spray). Went out at night with flashlight, drenched it. Most died. They can't breath when they are slimed. Repeated in morning for survivors. No chemicals. Total success! You can find this on Google on many homestead sites.

Living Princess

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 2:14 am
They are probably wasps and possibly built a new nest. If they are bees their nest could be miles away and you wouid need a professional to deal with it it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics