Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for help writing my resume

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 5:13 pm
Can anyone recommend someone who is reasonably priced? I have a resume but it needs to be spruced up and updated.

ysydmom

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 5:14 pm
I might be able to assist you can PM me.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 6:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can anyone recommend someone who is reasonably priced? I have a resume but it needs to be spruced up and updated.

Look at sample resumes online. You can do it on your own.

MommyPhD

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 6:36 pm
I review resumes as part of my job. If it doesn't need too much work, I will do it for you for free.

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 6:44 pm
MommyPhD wrote:
I review resumes as part of my job. If it doesn't need too much work, I will do it for you for free.

Any general tips you wouldn’t mind sharing?? On what you feel is particularly important on a resume.
Thanks!

MommyPhD

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 7:34 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Any general tips you wouldn’t mind sharing?? On what you feel is particularly important on a resume.
Thanks!

Sure! Keep your verbiage/descriptions concise. Use action verbs to describe what you've done and what you're seeking. Avoid too much description. Avoid any references to hobbies and personal life. It should look clean and organized with plenty of white space on the page. Arrange positions chronologically with the most recent first. Highlight your relevant experience/skills (relevant to the job you are applying for). Aim for two pages.

Let me know if this is helpful and please feel free to ask further questions. 😊

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:05 pm
I'm a recruiting manager and I'll admit that I almost never read every word in a resume. I skim. I'm super busy and some weeks I have to analyze ~10 resumes. So make sure that your resume is easy to read/skim and that the main details stand out and won't get lost within a bunch of text.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics