Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PSA-Diaper Changes Frequency
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:13 am
amother Purple wrote:
I did some quick internet research on how many diapers a typical toddler is expected to use in a day, I saw ranges mostly 4-6 and 5-7. One first thing in the morning, one at bedtime, surely one sometime between coming home from Daycamp and bedtime. Two during day camp brings us to five, right in the middle of that range.

I change my toddler 5 times a day
Maybe there should be a poll

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:15 am
amother Purple wrote:
You will ask “How often do you change diapers? I really don’t want my child’s diaper changed more than necessary because I think it’s inappropriate to expose their private part excessively”
Good luck with that.

I will ask how often and the correct response is twice a day on a schedule, dirty diaper as needed or extra change when there seems to be a need. The incorrect answer is every time it seems it’s wet or hourly.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:17 am
amother Copper wrote:
I would pull my kid out so fast. I don’t want my child’s caregiver pushing unnecessary anxiety on them and making them uncomfortable disturbing play time and constantly exposing their private part hourly. I would not find you to be a safe Morah to be honest. Adding this to my list of questions to ask when I research morahs.

That’s completely fine with me. I wouldn’t want you to feel uncomfortable. To me it’s sign of neglect when you walk into a playgroup and the toddler’s diapers are hanging low but we each have things that are important to us. bh I have always been a very sought out morah but if this standard of care wouldn’t work, then you shouldn’t send of course. Very Happy

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:20 am
amother OP wrote:
That’s completely fine with me. I wouldn’t want you to feel uncomfortable. To me it’s sign of neglect when you walk into a playgroup and the toddler’s diapers are hanging low but we each have things that are important to us. bh I have always been a very sought out morah but if this standard of care wouldn’t work, then you shouldn’t send of course. Very Happy

Hello, this is 4 pages long! You don't have one, not one! Poster that agrees with you, doesn't that tell you something??!!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:22 am
amother OP wrote:

Im not understanding why the daipers would be hanging low if there are 2 daiper changing times (plus if baby is dirty). I have worked in daycares and done babysitting on my own and the babies never have full hanging daipers.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:30 am
amother OP wrote:

A diapers should not be hanging low if they're changed twice within 5-6 hours. Diapers that aren't changed all day, hang low.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:46 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
Unless you're using a cheap diaper brand. In that case you get what you pay for.

Happens to be I can vouch for the opposite. Granted, my kids do not have sensitive skin, and I know people who do have to buy only pampers if they want their kids to be ok. But I have always bought only Walmart brand as soon as my babies are out of the newborn stage, and they have all been totally fine. The diapers are just fine, hold as much as the occasional pampers I've put on them, and don't sag between diaper changes either as long as I change them every 3 hours or so. (When they are babies I usually change every time I feed them and then whenever they are dirty in between. When they are toddlers, I find they can easily go those 3 hours. There's no way I'm changing every single time they urinate or even every hour.)

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:47 am
amother OP wrote:

what time does playgroup start?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:41 pm
OP as the Morah you are the one who sets the rules of what to send with the child. You could easily say to send in a pack at the beginning, that’s very normal to say. You could also say to send six a day, less normal but still your right to ask for. So where is this all even coming from?

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:02 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Then this is for your children. Other children don't have such sensitive skin. Curious what you do at night. Do you wake up your child every 1-2 hours to change his/her diaper?

My kids generally do not sleep through, and when they wake up I right away change them. And if they do sleep through they usually have the beginning of a rash as soon as they do a number 2. I can't wait to toilet train because all my diaper rash woes go away mostly when they are wearing cotton against their skin. I understand that not everyone's kids have such sensitive skin, (I am NOT op) but I generally don't take anything that daycare does as a "guideline." Daycares and babysitters generally change the least as possible.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Your not bothering your child by changing them. It takes a second and they are so much more comfortable with a dry diaper.

Haha not my toddler.

She yells bloody murder when getting changed. She just wants to run. Id rather change her less then figure with her to get changed.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Maybe the cheap diapers are worse but even pampers and huggies get uncomfortable. When you see a toddler with their diaper ( even if it’s pampers) hanging down, please change them.

A kid that has a diaper hanging down after a couple of hours after a change drinks way too much. Get rid of the milk bottles round the clock

ittsamother

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:15 pm
octopus wrote:
My kids generally do not sleep through, and when they wake up I right away change them. And if they do sleep through they usually have the beginning of a rash as soon as they do a number 2. I can't wait to toilet train because all my diaper rash woes go away mostly when they are wearing cotton against their skin. I understand that not everyone's kids have such sensitive skin, (I am NOT op) but I generally don't take anything that daycare does as a "guideline." Daycares and babysitters generally change the least as possible.

My sis has babies with really sensitive skin, she says with every diaper change she puts a preventative smear of diaper cream. She felt it kept the wet away from their skin longer, just another barrier, you know, and prevented more diaper rashes. Just curious if you ever tried that, and whether it helped or not.

giftedmom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:16 pm
octopus wrote:

I use the honest company and diaper rashes have gotten much better

Iymnok

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:57 pm
I don’t like pampers. Maybe it’s the model available in Israel. I feel it starts hanging right away. Huggies don’t and Titulim don’t. I change my baby about every 3 hours or so. I rarely change her during the night.
A pack of diapers should last up to two weeks.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:27 pm
OP-you know you’re not supposed to change diapers so often as kids get older? That’s why the amount of diapers in each box goes down and the size goes up. If I were to send one of my kids to you and they were changed more than 2 or 3 times in a typical camp day (less than 6 hours), I’d wonder if you do anything else during the day. It’s not normal.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:31 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
OP-you know you’re not supposed to change diapers so often as kids get older? That’s why the amount of diapers in each box goes down and the size goes up. If I were to send one of my kids to you and they were changed more than 2 or 3 times in a typical camp day (less than 6 hours), I’d wonder if you do anything else during the day. It’s not normal.

I don't think that's why the number of diapers per box decreases.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:34 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:

That’s not why there are less in the box. It’s because they are bigger so they can’t provide you the same amount for the same price as lets say newborn small diapers. A competent morah with enough assistants should be able to take care of enough diaper changes and physical care and provide for a warm and stimulating fun environment for the toddlers in their care. Both are important. A morah that just provides the love and warmth but doesn’t take care of their physical needs isn’t doing her job properly but of course a varied and fun schedule and activities and lots of love and warmth is so important as well. You need both.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s not why there are less in the box. It’s because they are bigger so they can’t provide you the same amount for the same price as lets say newborn small diapers. A competent morah with enough assistants should be able to take care of enough diaper changes and physical care and provide for a warm and stimulating fun environment for the toddlers in their care. Both are important. A morah that just provides the love and warmth but doesn’t take care of their physical needs isn’t doing her job properly but of course a varied and fun schedule and activities and lots of love and warmth is so important as well. You need both.

So how many hours are the kids with you, and how many times do the staff change them during that time, and what time do you start?

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:55 pm
amother OP wrote:

Of course you need both. But you also need to define what's appropriate for physical needs. Changing wet diapers every hour is not an appropriate physical need for the average toddler. Nor is even 2 hours an average need for those toddlers.

There may be the occasional toddler who has extra sensitive skin - Just like there can be the occasional toddler who needs to eat every hour on the clock due to medical reasons. But that doesn't make it a physical need for all toddlers and babies.

If you notice a toddler with diaper rashes, then speak to the parents. But I would hope my child's daycare Morah doesnt spend half the day changing diapers.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics